The Scottish Politics thread

How a party can destroy itself.
The SNPs actions over the last 3 years are a classic example of what not to do.
More importanly, will the Greens support the SNP in the upcoming Labour vote of confidence?

They would be complete morons to push it to an election. The stupidest possible thing they can do. If they fall for the opportunist Labour power grab effort, they could lose the few seats they have, they can't possibly be that daft.

They would be complete morons to push it to an election. The stupidest possible thing they can do. If they fall for the opportunist Labour power grab effort, they could lose the few seats they have, they can't possibly be that daft.
Same goes for the tories pushing for an election they will lose seats in.

Same goes for the tories pushing for an election they will lose seats in.

True. But the main perception is the greens hold the balance of power. The tories you would expect to do anything to get one over on the snp even if it means their own losses. But you are right of course.

Labour are the only ones that stand to hain anything, hence they are pushing it, self-interest and nothing more.

I remember waiting for Labour to do something about Brexit. Still waiting.

Very few people actually care about the Union. They support it because it’s there.
I genuinely don’t understand why Scottish independence gets so many English hot under the collar. After all all that subsidy would stop. Can’t be the hassle of borders, after all they voted for that in Europe. Problems with trade. Ditto. Maybe it’s down to just good old imperialistic ‘your ours’. Maybe some could explain.
I wouldnt says it hot under the collar and certainly nothing to do with imperialism (wishful thinking there?)

Maybe it's because we (England) are always made to play second fiddle to the other nations by our esteemed politicians, always the least money spent and worst representation with no say on whether we would want to be separate from Scotland. Just a thought?

Last edited:
I wouldnt says it hot under the collar and certainly nothing to do with imperialism (wishful thinking there?)

Maybe it's because we (England) are always made to play second fiddle to the other nations by our esteemed politicians, always the least money spent and worst representation with no say on whether we would want to be separate from Scotland. Just a thought?

Lol. Love it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.