The Scottish Politics thread

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would vote Labour, north or south. I'll just come out and say it, I'd rather have the Tories in power then them. At least you know where you stand. Labour are the ultimate nothing party. Stand for nothing, promise everything, or anything, deliver nothing. Even as an opposition party they are uttely useless. All they care about, every single last one of them, is self preservation. At least both the Tories and Snp know what they want, even if that's not what I might want. Labour just want to be in government. Like daft dogs chasing cars. Won't ever catch them, and even if they did wouldn't have a clue how to drive them. Fuck them, hope they get pummelled.
You’re going to be sadly disappointed as they are going to wn massively both North and South of the border.

The English Conservatives and SNP have nobody but themselves to blame. They have ruled with an arrogance that comes with parties having such massive support.

I find myself with no one to support. I’m never going to vote for a party looking to break up the country. Can’t vote for a party led by Douglas Ross!! So once again I’ll be voting for Labour as the only hope to stop the SNP.

Thankfully, people like you are a rarity. They won't be pummeled, they'll win comfortably, then you can revisit this streaming pile of shit dressed up as a post and have words with yourself.
He’s not a rarity though is he?

The SNP have huge support even with all the controversy surrounding their leadership and corruption. I don’t get it myself but it’s a fact

The Tories have huge support in England and that’s been the case for the vast majority of my lifetime (55 years). Labour have usually relied on the seats they won in Scotland / Wales to get in government.

He’s not a rarity though is he?

The SNP have huge support even with all the controversy surrounding their leadership and corruption. I don’t get it myself but it’s a fact

The Tories have huge support in England and that’s been the case for the vast majority of my lifetime (55 years). Labour have usually relied on the seats they won in Scotland / Wales to get in government.
I wasn't talking about his political affiliation. I was talking about his complete lack of self-awareness and attitude in general. I.e, voting for a party even if they're "not what I want."

The point about them being the party of self-preservation was rich, too. Very rich.

You’re going to be sadly disappointed as they are going to wn massively both North and South of the border.

The English Conservatives and SNP have nobody but themselves to blame. They have ruled with an arrogance that comes with parties having such massive support.

I find myself with no one to support. I’m never going to vote for a party looking to break up the country. Can’t vote for a party led by Douglas Ross!! So once again I’ll be voting for Labour as the only hope to stop the SNP.

We'll see, time will tell. I expect them to win big in England but only marginally improve in Scotland. Either way, I expect them to utterly fuck up whatever they do.

Which in the long run will put Scotland's future into real perspective and ask some real questions.

Right now there is that little tiny carrot dangle of, it is only so bad for you because the Tories are in power. But hang in there for a few decades of shit wee jocks, because Labour are coming to save us all. Well when they ultimately do and arse it up just as much as the Tories, people will have to stop and really think, is the union worth anything.

Because it sure as fuck isn't worth the sentiment, that pretty much stopped with Brexit anyway. You say you can't vote for a party breaking up the union, but a vote for any party that promoted brexit was just that, and the uk public as a whole gave zero fucks for the union.

But I do agree with your take on the tories and snp only having themselves to blame. And like you, I also find myself with nobody to support. I accept what's here and watch it unfold.

Last edited:
Because it sure as fuck isn't worth the sentiment, that pretty much stopped with Brexit anyway. You say you can't vote for a party breaking up the union, but a vote for any party that promoted brexit was just that, and the uk public as a whole gave zero fucks for the union.
I remember waiting for Labour to do something about Brexit. Still waiting.

Very few people actually care about the Union. They support it because it’s there.
I genuinely don’t understand why Scottish independence gets so many English hot under the collar. After all all that subsidy would stop. Can’t be the hassle of borders, after all they voted for that in Europe. Problems with trade. Ditto. Maybe it’s down to just good old imperialistic ‘your ours’. Maybe some could explain.

Very few people actually care about the Union. They support it because it’s there.
I genuinely don’t understand why Scottish independence gets so many English hot under the collar. After all all that subsidy would stop. Can’t be the hassle of borders, after all they voted for that in Europe. Problems with trade. Ditto. Maybe it’s down to just good old imperialistic ‘your ours’. Maybe some could explain.

You know the funny thing. Labour, the party of the union, would bloody jump and support Scottish Independence, if they thought it had a shot or it gave them better chances of getting into power.
They have openly toyed with the idea.

Not because they would believe in it, oh no. But because they would always hedge their bets with whatever looks most desirable, for them as a party.

Most ‘English’ I know don’t care if you want to go it alone and personally I’d say do what you want.

Probably need to look more at home as you have a huge amount of people who want to stay with the union and while you have that then there’s no real chance of you leaving.

Don’t usually watch LK but thought I’d tune in this morning and WOW, Blackford begging the Green’s to come back into the fold, saying Yousaf got it wrong.

The SNP were very much in trouble with all the controversy lately, but they must be even worse than we thought if they’re begging for others to back them after stabbing them in the back.

'daft wee lassie' 'scheme bird'
really?

Or is that how all of Paisley and Renfrewshire refer to a highly articulate Glasgow University graduate?
Highly articulate?

In one of her Commons speeches , and I’m quoting her words, ‘as ma wee granny wid av said. Hell slap it in tae ye’

Fucking embarrassing. She’s playing to her gallery as she’s from Ralston as I pointed out in original post!

Jeanette Findlay is employed by Glasgow Uni FFS! That just about says it all.

I have many family that are Glasgow Uni graduates. Some articulate and some … well some are still idiots but with a degree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.