The Scum v CITY - CC 2nd Leg - Official Match Thread

onceabluealways said:
The fact ireland played so long against Scunnie I don't see him starting, I expect

Shay

Micah Boyata Komps Garrido
Dejong Barry
Zab
SWP Tevez Bellamy

possibly Onuoha instead of Boyata

If it was me I would get Zab to Man to Man mark Rooney - he is their Catalyst at the moment

I think I would play Zab in front of Garrido as man ure play from the midfield to the wide men who then knock it insde to shrek wth midfield coming up in support to feed off him their goal at COMS as an example If we keep tight to their wide players then this route is restricted and wayne looney reverts to scouse type running around shouting and kicking cause he isnt gettng what he wants. I would always back us to get a goal as their defence is shite especially if chuckle is playing

Either:

....................Given....................
Richards....Onuoha....Kompany....Garrido

.........Zabaleta......de Jong..........
Bellamy.........Ireland..........Petrov
...................Tévez...................

Or:

Zabaleta....Richards....Kompany....Garrido

...................de Jong.................
..........Ireland...........Barry.........
Bellamy............................Petrov

Or if Vieira's fit maybe:

Richards....Onuoha....Kompany....Garrido / Zabaleta...Richards...Kompany...Garrido

...........Vieira.........de Jong.........
Bellamy.........Ireland..........Petrov

Then we've got Touré and Adebayor who could be ready to play:

Richards....Touré....Kompany....Garrido

...........Ireland........de Jong.........
Bellamy........Adebayor........Petrov

i cant see us winning with a defence of Richards, Boyata, Kompany and Garrido.

back 4 should Zab----Richards---Kompany---Ned

Get ned at left back he wont get the run around of valencia and although he wont offer a great deal going forward he will be solid enough (much more so than Garrido).

SWP, Ireland, De Jong, Barry, Bellers in midfield with carlito up front.

2-2 draw COME ON CITY!

onceabluealways said:
The fact ireland played so long against Scunnie I don't see him starting, I expect

Shay

Dejong Barry
Zab
SWP Tevez Bellamy

possibly Onuoha instead of Boyata

If it was me I would get Zab to Man to Man mark Rooney - he is their Catalyst at the moment

pretty much agree with these players although i suspect The Man might pick Petrov ahead of Sweep.

i like the idea of Zabba tracking rooney too. but don't think we'll do that.
not sure that he'll go for Stevie as i think he'll want to be as strong defensively as possible in midfield, with fast counters.
i think De Jong Barry and Zabba will keep a strong midfield line allowing one of them to go forward at anytime knowing he has cover.
Bellamy and Petrov will obviously be expected to track back and work tirelessly

possibly Onouha ahead of Boyata, but i think he'll stick with the boy as a good game would help his development massively.

finally i think adebayor will start on the bench as its his first game back but i fully expect him to feature.

Shay
Dejong Barry
Zab
Petrov Tevez Bellamy

bench taylor SWP Ireland Onouha Sylvie Ade Toure?

then again i haven't got a clue tbh.

The fact that Petrov played against Scunnie and SWP only played a token roll tells me that SWP will start and Petrov will be on the bench.

Shay

Zab - Richards - Kompany - Garrido

SWP - De Jong- Ireland - Barry - Bellamy

-Tevez-

I just think that having Superman in there gives us something both defensively and in terms of hitting them on the break. He is a box to box player who will get about them and not give them time but also always be a danger on the offensive with his runs and clever passing.

No-one said it was going to be easy.....

if mancini sets his team up too defensively we will lose and lose big...make no mistake, utd and their fans will be right up for this and fergie will go for it....they get a 1-0 lead and they will then sit back and hit us on the break.....

the return of ferdinand is a big plus for them

im concerned about our left back (whether its garrido or sylvinio...preferably the first, ideally neither!) and Im concerned about Mancinis tactics.....he seems to play too defensively at times. At COMS we needed to go for the kill at 2-1 but he sat back to defend.....that nearly cost us and still could...a 3-1 lead would have been a lot more comfortable but a 2-1 is virtually redundant...utd will score at some point

for me, ireland must play from the start if fit.......with the space that utd had in midfield at COMS he would have a field day if he is on top of his game

for me the team would be

shay

zab kompany richards garrido/barry

swp dejong barry bellamy

ireland

tevez/Ade iof fit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.