The Scum v CITY - CC 2nd Leg - Official Match Thread

can't call the ref, no dodgy decisions, no controversy.....just got beat...again!!....fookin sick of it!!

Sod all you doom and gloom merchants. We are playing better football now than we have done for years. There are improvements to be made for sure, and beating the scum would have been sweet. But it will be all the sweeter the next time. FA and top 4 position this season, first next season the triple the season after the only way is up. Slowley slowley catchy monkey.

gilly_27 said:
have you heard the scums interviews...NO CLASS!! not even a mention about how we played ...

rooney and fletcher are the new fucking robots!!

game in the first half was tight we were defending ..thats what they said..

ONLY because it was like playing fucking wimbledon.... talk about hoofing it up to rooney!!!!

and just because we dealt with it ... with ease i must add...it was a tight half!

when you go in work tomorrow... just ask the red twats....

*************WHO WAS KICKING WHO????*********

Holding my head up high....

THEY HAVE NO CLASS.......

Lets not embarrass ourselves here.They were better than us tonight and could've been 3 or 4 up by the time Carlito got us back into it.

Our problem is, we've got too many average players.Barry, his goal at The Swamp apart, has been anonymous in 3 games against United and has done nowt else. Dedryck is exactly like the rest of our defenders - can't cope with crosses and Garrido just needs dropping from the club.We need about 9 players to get anywhere near Chelsea and the Rags.

But if you want to talk about class, Gary Cooke has none of it.He's just embarrassing and continues to make me fucking cringe everytime I see his Alan Partridge-esque antics.I really wish he'd fuck offAnother thing, I see people are getting giddy about the shit treatment Bellars got with stuff being lobbed at him - I bet they're the same people that laughed when Evra got pelted last week.

Anyway, it's a bitter pill to swallow but we'll move on and improve.

????????????

so they didnt kick us ..and humpo the ball in the first half?

the pisshead was asked ho he coped aginst our bank of 4 and 3

THEY PLAYED 5 and 1 up front...

please ...let me have your views...

BeatingBarca said:
gilly_27 said:
have you heard the scums interviews...NO CLASS!! not even a mention about how we played ...

rooney and fletcher are the new fucking robots!!

game in the first half was tight we were defending ..thats what they said..

ONLY because it was like playing fucking wimbledon.... talk about hoofing it up to rooney!!!!

and just because we dealt with it ... with ease i must add...it was a tight half!

when you go in work tomorrow... just ask the red twats....

*************WHO WAS KICKING WHO????*********

Holding my head up high....

THEY HAVE NO CLASS.......

Lets not embarrass ourselves here.They were better than us tonight and could've been 3 or 4 up by the time Carlito got us back into it.

Our problem is, we've got too many average players.Barry, his goal at The Swamp apart, has been anonymous in 3 games against United and has done nowt else. Dedryck is exactly like the rest of our defenders - can't cope with crosses and Garrido just needs dropping from the club.We need about 9 players to get anywhere near Chelsea and the Rags.

But if you want to talk about class, Gary Cooke has none of it.He's just embarrassing and continues to make me fucking cringe everytime I see his Alan Partridge-esque antics.I really wish he'd fuck offAnother thing, I see people are getting giddy about the shit treatment Bellars got with stuff being lobbed at him - I bet they're the same people that laughed when Evra got pelted last week.

Anyway, it's a bitter pill to swallow but we'll move on and improve.

Yep well. If we continue sending out defensive minded teams (Zabaleta, Barry, De Jong in midfield) then that is what is going to happen. 1970 side with Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc, just went out to tear them apart. Until we get that mindset back we're always going to struggle. Somebody needs to have a word and tell these jokers that we are better than they are. As long as they feel inferior. and the manager sets them up that way, then hey ho, let's settle for second best. Somebody will figure it out. Not sure if it will be this manager. Where's Joe Mercer when you need him? Basically, deserved what we got.

gilly_27 said:
????????????

so they didnt kick us ..and humpo the ball in the first half?

the pisshead was asked ho he coped aginst our bank of 4 and 3

THEY PLAYED 5 and 1 up front...

please ...let me have your views...

Look, I've got Red mates who thought they were robbed in the first leg.Two cunts in particular just kept telling me last week that Tevez should've been sent off, Bellamy too and that the penalty was a joke.We're all upset, I'm fucking gutted, but lets not act like idiots.Lets show some class and just admit we lost to the better team on the night.Our defending was shocking, fuck all else matters.

So we lost the match, we lost to the better team on the night, but they know that their "noisy neighbours" mean business now.

We won the home leg, but a 2-1 home win was never enough to take to the swamp, especially with the lack of players we have at the moment. To play with 3 defensive minded midfielders was imo never going to work, as with utd we all know that they can score out of nothing and will punish any mistake that our (at times) shambolic defence makes.

The main difference for me is the midfield. The two teams lined up with similar formations, 4-5-1, but utd have players in midfield in Fletcher and Carrick who can be defending one minute and the next both be in our 6 yard box (look at their 2nd goal) and scholes who gets in or around the box whenever possible, where as i can barely remember a moment when one of our central mid players got into their box. Maybe we could have started ireland, but i'm not sure that was the answer, i just think our players need to be more willing to do the box-to-box job. Utd just dont get scared, they have 20 years experience of playing against top class teams in champs league, they know how to play in any type of match (even if their team looks pants) which is something we're still learning about.

Boyata was good, for his age and lack of experience he looks quality. Kompany is great on his day, and today he did some great defending, but overall he was poor, too eager to make a challenge and was out of position too often. We need our defence back, and if we had Toure, Lescott and bridge available then tonight could have been very different.

Unlucky City, I absolutely adore you.

THIS IS OUR CITY

Adebayor said:
So we lost the match, we lost to the better team on the night, but they know that their "noisy neighbours" mean business now.

We won the home leg, but a 2-1 home win was never enough to take to the swamp, especially with the lack of players we have at the moment. To play with 3 defensive minded midfielders was imo never going to work, as with utd we all know that they can score out of nothing and will punish any mistake that our (at times) shambolic defence makes.

The main difference for me is the midfield. The two teams lined up with similar formations, 4-5-1, but utd have players in midfield in Fletcher and Carrick who can be defending one minute and the next both be in our 6 yard box (look at their 2nd goal) and scholes who gets in or around the box whenever possible, where as i can barely remember a moment when one of our central mid players got into their box. Maybe we could have started ireland, but i'm not sure that was the answer, i just think our players need to be more willing to do the box-to-box job. Utd just dont get scared, they have 20 years experience of playing against top class teams in champs league, they know how to play in any type of match (even if their team looks pants) which is something we're still learning about.

Boyata was good, for his age and lack of experience he looks quality. Kompany is great on his day, and today he did some great defending, but overall he was poor, too eager to make a challenge and was out of position too often. We need our defence back, and if we had Toure, Lescott and bridge available then tonight could have been very different.

THIS IS OUR CITY

What are your thoughts on Barry mate?

He's been very poor hasn't he?

BeatingBarca said:
Adebayor said:

THIS IS OUR CITY

What are your thoughts on Barry mate?

He's been very poor hasn't he?

Yeah, he looked very poor tonight, just very slow. I know he's meant to be carrying an injury, but even so, if he is fit enough to start then he should be able to give more to the cause than he did tonight. I guess now he can have his rest, and an operation if he needs one as we have stevie back and viera will be available soon, hopefully!

I'm just dissapointed with how we didn't seem able to put anywhere near the same pressure on utd as they did on us, and that all comes from the midfield. anyway, i hear we will be signing a few players in the next few days, so onwards and upwards and all that.

One of my first posts on this forum so bear with me!

Just got back from the game, very proud of our boys and just watched a quick rerun on Sky and all in all except a few quibbles i feel we are on the right track, hurt a lot to lose to the rags the way we did but we've still got another cup to play for and a CL spot to grab. Thought the first half we did really well, got some possession, kept Rooney very quiet and really showed United how shite they really are just wish we grabbed a goal. My main worries at the moment are with the flanks and Barry. I don't know what to say about SWP he seems to me to have forgotten how to dribble and just runs into players and hes just getting outmuscled everytime, seems like the days of him skinning their entire left side are gone.

Now Barry i think is our weak link, he cost alot of money and being an England player i always rated him. At the beginning of the season he seemed a really steady player perfect for controlling play and calming it down, something we lacked last year. After the last few weeks/months?? though and now tonight i can't understand why when we need to get goals the shape of our midfield is built around him playing. The only thing i can remember him doing tonight was winning us the odd free-kick he seems to be completely absent. He contributes nothing in the form of defense because hes just to slow to get back, but ok to be fair assuming his role isn't to be like De Jong I can't think of what he contributes in attack other than corners either.

Bellers i thought had a decent game just wish he was a few years younger he ran Rafiel ragged. Tevez still showed United he can play just as well on their patch could of scored a few and hope that twat Ferdinand gets a ban for hitting Tevez as well, he shouldn't of been on the pitch in the first place.

The defence i feel did really well considering, just simply put though i think we lack a leader back there, Boyata fair play to the lad hes bound to be nervous and despite the pressure think he did really well. Garrido i thought did well at Wolves the other week and what a free kick to top it off but he just doesn't seem upto scratch at the highest level and same for Richards, don't think either of them stopped a single cross tonight which is usually how United get their goals, Showed in the last 15 mins that we really can't cope at the moment with pace on the wings.

Other than that I think its upto Mancini now to build on tonight and pickup the players, with a few of United's teamsheet playing in last years 09 CL final, just seemed experience and luck wasn't on our side.

I think what really let us as well wasn't tonight at all, it was not winning 5-1 last week but all in all i'm proud of our boys and i shall be swanning into work tomorrow wearing my blue scarf and telling the Reds that atleast we can now focus more on the FA Cup! CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.