The Sopranos

ayrshire_blue said:
Best series in the world. Gandolfini plays Tony Soprano absolutely brilliantly. Loved it.

The ending is a strange one.

Its actually quite straightforward. It was done so you see a lot of it directly through Tony's eyes. You're seeing what he sees and the last thing he sees is the door of the diner opening. The guy who went to the toilet then shoots him in the back of the head so it all goes blank because he's dead.

willipp said:
I thought the ending to the sopranos was probably my favourite ending to any series ive watched.
Really ? I thought it was most disappointing

After seeing the thread discussing "The Wire" I'd thought it only fair to have one about another arguable 'best series of all time'.

For me it's the best there is. The directing, writing, the ' soundtrack', the characters and the acting all spectacular for my money. Especially when you consider the majority of the cast were unknown actors at the time, some having never acted. Always seemed to have so much going on within an episode without really having that cliff hanger moment yet always left you wanting to watch the next one. Sure it had a few faults/head scratching moments.

The ambiguity throughout the entire show was great too; The Russian, Christopher and the retired policeman etc

For those who have watched it, what's your favourite moment/character/line etc? I always laugh at the 'Pine Barrens' episode, this scene in particular;

Some of the best moments/scenes are the deaths within the series, if that's the case the spoiler tag would be most appropriate.

in one of the later seasons where Paulie twats the gardener who was on his patch on the head with a shovel causing him to let go of the rope that was supporting the guy up the tree who fell out of it.... pmsl

I loved it,mind you i had to watch every ep twice as i missed so much each time

The saying" you never see it coming" made the ending really good on reflection although i didn't like it at the time

I loved it,mind you i had to watch every ep twice as i missed so much each time

The saying" you never see it coming" made the ending really good on reflection although i didn't like it at the time
Yeah, I can understand at the time when it first aired the ending would have pissed people off but when you look back at it it's pretty clear imo.

Yeah, I can understand at the time when it first aired the ending would have pissed people off but when you look back at it it's pretty clear imo.
What's clear ?. Agee about the best episode being Pine Barrens being the best though.

I agree on the ending, at the time it was very much a WTF moment, but in time appreciated it a lot more, especially comparing it to how some other series ended. An excellent series, not the greatest for me but brilliant none the less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.