The Sopranos

rkdmwl.gif

tbh I didnt like it much

Couldnt get on with the characters, it didnt grab me like say Breaking Bad did

I guess the OP just has to try it for himself

Sorry to hijack the thread but it's hardly worth starting a new one for such a random question...
There used to be a series (BBC, I think) called "A Very British Coup". Apparently, "House of Cards" was based on it (?).
Does anybody know if it's available on line? I know some smart arse is going to tell me that Google is my fucking friend but you're wrong. Technology hates me.
The missus took the free month's trial of Netflix (well, I say she took it - she used my card). I agreed with the intention of catching HoC over the Christmas break but then thought I'd watch the earlier British series first. I don't even know how to turn on Netflix, yet. So, please don't tell me to piss off and search it, there.
So, again, apologies if I've offended the delicate sensibilities of some young gobshite who has no concept of why Radio Caroline will always be better than Spotify but well, can anybody point me to a link?
that was an 80's thing I think based on the Chris Mullins novel I think? Well worth a read, and pretty prophetic when you look at what has happened to the labour party with the rise of corbyn in recent times.

that was an 80's thing I think based on the Chris Mullins novel I think? Well worth a read, and pretty prophetic when you look at what has happened to the labour party with the rise of corbyn in recent times.
Thanks.
I'll hunt down the book.
House of Cards was superb (even though Netflix was disappointing otherwise).
The world needs more Corbyn...

One of the few 'benefits' of lockdown last year meant I had chance to finally get round to watching the complete boxset, having owned it for many years but never tucking in.

Absolutely loved every minute of it; incredible acting, writing, directing....the sort of quality you come to expect from HBO shows of a certain era (my fave TV show ever is the HBO made Six Feet Under, utterly sublime, if you've never watched it I envy you)

The episode that really stood out for me was in the final season, the dream sequence episode (can't quite remember it's name). I was blown away by that one and would say it edges all the other obvious candidates for best episode.

I actually really like the ending too....it can't be easy to decide how to wrap up a series of that nature and I think the ambiguity of it means it will be talked about long after we're all gone. Though I can see why at the time it might have left some disappointed back in 2007 or whenever it was.

One of the few 'benefits' of lockdown last year meant I had chance to finally get round to watching the complete boxset, having owned it for many years but never tucking in.

Absolutely loved every minute of it; incredible acting, writing, directing....the sort of quality you come to expect from HBO shows of a certain era (my fave TV show ever is the HBO made Six Feet Under, utterly sublime, if you've never watched it I envy you)

The episode that really stood out for me was in the final season, the dream sequence episode (can't quite remember it's name). I was blown away by that one and would say it edges all the other obvious candidates for best episode.

I actually really like the ending too....it can't be easy to decide how to wrap up a series of that nature and I think the ambiguity of it means it will be talked about long after we're all gone. Though I can see why at the time it might have left some disappointed back in 2007 or whenever it was.
What a Journey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.