The Sopranos

Absolutely brilliant. Can't choose between the sopranos and the wire for my favourite.

I love how Tony is constantly battling with his conscience. He wants to be a good bloke but being a good bloke just doesn't fit in with being the head of a mafia outfit.

The part in the series where he's got a pal who's absolutely nothing to do with his line of work (I think he's the dad of one of his kids mates) but this pal is mad on gambling, poker in particular. Tony's crewe are hosting a game with some big hitters and this pal wants in on the action.

Tony politely tells him that it's not for him, the stakes are big and these people don't fuck about but this pal turns up unexpectedly at the venue and puts Tony in a position where he allows him to play. He borrows him the buy in, plus a lot more after the tool loses and Tony ends up taking his pals Sports megastore business as he couldn't pay.

He didn't want that scenario, he felt bad about it but ultimately he had to do it because it was business and letting pals off just doesn't fit in with their mission statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.