The South Stand Tonight And The Drum

Next CL home match ;)

tifosi-giallorossi.jpg

JRB - love your new bobble hat.

I get annoyed by a bloke near us who can hurt eardrums with his loud whistling so I'd not fancy being next to a drummer.

was it set up by the club i mean given to a fan to generate noise,,it doesnt matter anyway because the drum did its job and got people singing,,KEEP IT

a drum seems like bliss compared to the 10 year old near me who constantly slams his seat for 90 minutes whilst his mother sits there and doesn't make the slightest effort to stop him.

The atmosphere in 115 last night was similar to most home games to be honest. Weirdly, it was the drum that helped in a roundabout way. Like others, I thought the drum sound was coming from the Germans at first then realised it was down the front. The lads who had the drum started that new Nolito song [the tune you hear at Palace and elsewhere] which is a bit crap but bless them, at least they were trying something new. Then they started getting a bit bolder, louder and more insistent with the drum and that's when it changed a bit. There were pockets of Blues shouting to shut up and stick their drum. Then they marched up to the concourse with and had it going during half time. They then had it at the back of 115 for the second half and gave it a go but really got shut down by people being a bit more vocal telling them to shut up. I think they took it a bit personally and starting shhhhhhhh-ing, which is understandable. But in that awkward bit when it got quiet that's when a few of us chipped in with songs that caught on around the whole SS and a bit to the rest of the ground. While I'm not a huge fan of drums in general, if they lads who have it are smart and use it very sparingly [during the clapping in the Glad All Over/Guardiola], don't pound fcuk out of it all game and actually get someone with a bit of timing to play the thing, it would actually colour the atmosphere pretty well. We don't need it to start songs, we don't need it going all game and we don't need it becoming a part of our identity. It's a bit crap, but it doesn't need to be crap. There's a little bit of trying a bit too hard to become ultra-y in the SS, and that's not really us. It's all evolving though and fair game to anyone trying new stuff - if it's good, it'll stick.

if those same people actually sung then we wouldn't need something like a drum. apart from the odd chant they are either silent or too 'cool' to sing

The drum needs setting on fire
I think we need 4 or 5 drums to liven the place up a bit. The ground like many in the PL is as quiet as a library a lot of the time. I do think that the drum/drums should be mobile as I accept a lot of people would get very pissed off if it was stuck next to them for 90 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.