The South Stand Tonight And The Drum

I think we need a poll on the drum. Also I'd like to see age categories too. I'll bet my house that the majority of over 40s are saying no to the drum and the majority of under 40s are more positive about it. Ageist, probably.

Think the drum was a great and got quite a few joining in with the singing and anything that helps the atmosphere is worth a try. Think the club should also consider a guiet area where no singing shouting or loud talking is aloud we could call it the north and west stand. Fans complaining about noise at a football match its not a fuckiny library.

I loved your ironic spelling mistake, and this post did make me laugh! :)

Keep the drum! Atmosphere was great considering the rescheduling circumstances!

I'm 52, keep the drum, at least people are actively trying to improve the atmosphere so good on them, was it the 1894 group?
Let's hope it returns

I’m not against a Drum in principle. I think it’s the wider Cheesy Ultras thing that is naff (see Palace). A drum used at the right time adds to the atmosphere especially with songs like the Guardiola song. A load of middle aged IT geeks pretending to be Italian style Ultras is a huge embarrassment and something else entirely.

Yes, I know, a drum!

Thought the support and atmosphere in the South Stand and in other parts of the ground was great tonight. Especially in the 2nd half. "Never felt more like singing the blues" went on for 15 minutes. It's not often German away fans are out sung.

The drum. At the start of the match it was at the bottom of the South stand, along with a group of lads. Think it was 1894. I stand corrected. And you know what, it actually worked. They got the front and lower middle of the block singing, and the remaining singers under the overhang got the back and the upper middle of the block singing. And both set's of fans across the block also joined in together. :-)

In the 2nd half the drum was brought under the underhang. Unfortunately it didn't receive a warm welcome. So much so, that it was knocked on the head after 10 minutes or so. TBF, the drum did sound much louder, and echoed under the overhang.

From my point of view. I appreciate some fans can't abide a drum, but I don't have any issues with it, as long as it isn't banged incessantly. If it's used sparingly and intelligently, it can add to, and can create a better atmosphere.

I hope the drum is brought back again, but I would say keep it at the front of the stand, where it can be of most use in creating a better atmosphere.

I was sat on me couch and the crowd sounded terrific. Luckily i couldn't hear a drum.
The commentators were astounded that the Blues and BMG fans seemed to be singing with each other and having a general love-in. Even that scouse twat McMinimum had a good word too say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.