The Southampton Thread!

All their early season form has been against the lower teams in the league, I never get caught up in this type of hype the fixture list has been kind they are now going into a gruelling set of fixtures that could see them mid table in January

Not a bad team and a good manager having said all that

Seen them play twice today and away at villa. Look organised defensively but clueless going forward. Don't see them coming top 4. The rags and arsenal.

Good team. Great connections all over the pitch - very solidly structured and disciplined. In Alderweireld they bought the best CB last summer, despite tens of millions being spent on Mangala, Lovren and Rojo.

Think they might struggle to stay in contention for fourth due to their lack of depth, but they certainly look better than Utd at the moment.

Bluewonder said:
Good team. Great connections all over the pitch - very solidly structured and disciplined. In Alderweireld they bought the best CB last summer, despite tens of millions being spent on Mangala, Lovren and Rojo.

Think they might struggle to stay in contention for fourth due to their lack of depth, but they certainly look better than Utd at the moment.
They loaned Alderweireld for the season not bought him never really got a chance at Athletico.They got him after we got Demichilles I prefered him over Martin at the time purely because of his age. Well better than Vertoghen who gets so much hype on here and just as good on the ball.

MCFC4EVR said:
Bluewonder said:

They loaned Alderweireld for the season not bought him never really got a chance at Athletico.They got him after we got Demichilles I prefered him over Martin at the time purely because of his age. Well better than Vertoghen who gets so much hype on here and just as good on the ball.

I totally agree. Didn't realise he was on loan, that's a shame for them as they might struggle to get him back next summer. Very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.