The spending is not over!

tumblr_ltfq3fQilZ1r0txh2o1_500.gif

Manchester City

Manchester City were always going to loosen their belts after last season’s trophyless campaign led to the departure of manager Roberto Mancini. But the Italian’s successor Manuel Pellegrini has been hung out to dry by a reckless spending spree. Having already disposed with €111m, only Monaco have spent more this window. Yet City’s current squad is arguably weaker now than it was when it flopped so horribly in Europe last term.

The signings of Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic at a combined cost of over €50m smacked of desperation following the failure to capture primary targets. These are forwards far inferior to their predecessors Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez who departed for just €28m. Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, at €40m, was also horribly overpriced and only Sevilla winger Jesus Navas at €20m can be regarded as good business. All of City’s arrivals will perform adequately, but a club with the ambitions of challenging for the Champions League must set the bar much higher. Pellegrini's men are currently light-years behind Bayern and Real Madrid.

From "The winners and losers of the transfer window so far" on Goal.com this morning!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

Manchester City were always going to loosen their belts after last season’s trophyless campaign led to the departure of manager Roberto Mancini. But the Italian’s successor Manuel Pellegrini has been hung out to dry by a reckless spending spree. Having already disposed with €111m, only Monaco have spent more this window. Yet City’s current squad is arguably weaker now than it was when it flopped so horribly in Europe last term.

The signings of Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic at a combined cost of over €50m smacked of desperation following the failure to capture primary targets. These are forwards far inferior to their predecessors Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez who departed for just €28m. Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, at €40m, was also horribly overpriced and only Sevilla winger Jesus Navas at €20m can be regarded as good business. All of City’s arrivals will perform adequately, but a club with the ambitions of challenging for the Champions League must set the bar much higher. Pellegrini's men are currently light-years behind Bayern and Real Madrid.

From "The winners and losers of the transfer window so far" on Goal.com this morning!
If Goal.com was a paper I wouldn't even use it to wipe my ass. Its basically a site written by bloggers that no so much less than fuck all I would rather contract aids and talk about golf with an amoeba

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

as I was reading that I was getting ready to post the old 'rag' accusation to you. That has got got to be written by someone with a serious dislike of us.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:38 am --<br /><br />
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

as I was reading that I was getting ready to post the old 'rag' accusation to you. That has got got to be written by someone with a serious dislike of us.

blueunit said:
Manx Blue said:
I'd love it if we slapped down a few bob for Cesc. Just to get that lot flapping.

that would make me piss

I love the way Chelsea were told Rooney was not for sale, and haven't really followed the matter up, whereas their chase of CF has continued, seemingly relentlessly, despite being told he isn't for sale.

"Ongoing"...Fuck off you swivel eyed loon.

Re: Spending not over....

richards30 said:
come on tolm, whats the script? still 3 potentially mate?

He already confirmed in a post last week didn't he (Pepe + 2 South Americans is what he said).

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

Hmm, obviously the twat who wrote this didn't hear Mourinhos comments about our signings. I know who I would rather listen to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.