The spending is not over!

M24 Citizen said:
tumblr_ltfq3fQilZ1r0txh2o1_500.gif

lol

charliebigspuds said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

Manchester City were always going to loosen their belts after last season’s trophyless campaign led to the departure of manager Roberto Mancini. But the Italian’s successor Manuel Pellegrini has been hung out to dry by a reckless spending spree. Having already disposed with €111m, only Monaco have spent more this window. Yet City’s current squad is arguably weaker now than it was when it flopped so horribly in Europe last term.

The signings of Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic at a combined cost of over €50m smacked of desperation following the failure to capture primary targets. These are forwards far inferior to their predecessors Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez who departed for just €28m. Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, at €40m, was also horribly overpriced and only Sevilla winger Jesus Navas at €20m can be regarded as good business. All of City’s arrivals will perform adequately, but a club with the ambitions of challenging for the Champions League must set the bar much higher. Pellegrini's men are currently light-years behind Bayern and Real Madrid.

From "The winners and losers of the transfer window so far" on Goal.com this morning!

as I was reading that I was getting ready to post the old 'rag' accusation to you. That has got got to be written by someone with a serious dislike of us.

-- Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:38 am --

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

Manchester City were always going to loosen their belts after last season’s trophyless campaign led to the departure of manager Roberto Mancini. But the Italian’s successor Manuel Pellegrini has been hung out to dry by a reckless spending spree. Having already disposed with €111m, only Monaco have spent more this window. Yet City’s current squad is arguably weaker now than it was when it flopped so horribly in Europe last term.

The signings of Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic at a combined cost of over €50m smacked of desperation following the failure to capture primary targets. These are forwards far inferior to their predecessors Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez who departed for just €28m. Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, at €40m, was also horribly overpriced and only Sevilla winger Jesus Navas at €20m can be regarded as good business. All of City’s arrivals will perform adequately, but a club with the ambitions of challenging for the Champions League must set the bar much higher. Pellegrini's men are currently light-years behind Bayern and Real Madrid.

From "The winners and losers of the transfer window so far" on Goal.com this morning!

as I was reading that I was getting ready to post the old 'rag' accusation to you. That has got got to be written by someone with a serious dislike of us.

Believe me I'm not a rag! I came across the article, which is by a character called Carlo Garganese, who may well be a rag but certainly isn't a City supporter. I was shocked because our activities in the transfer market this summer have been welcomed very positively in our press, but this piece had me thinking that the truce is over, and that City mustn't be allowed to sneak under the radar. It reminded me of articles in 2010 which appeared after our impressive buys to say that we we'd finish sixth at best! And then in 2011 to say that we were, funnily enough, "light years" behind United (especially after the commumity shield!). Even Goal had been quite favourable up to now....but not any longer!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

What a load of drivel. Thats the biggest problem of the internet it allows twonks like that to spew out utter tripe to an audience bigger than most newspapers.

richball_PF55 said:
do we really need to spend big on a new centre half?

nasty had a great season last year.

We've let K Toure go and he needs to be replaced, imo it's not about how much we spend but on the quality of the player who comes in. I'm sure there will be some fantastic Centre backs out there that we haven't got a clue about, but the manager has.

Big Dave Watson said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

Hmm, obviously the twat who wrote this didn't hear Mourinhos comments about our signings. I know who I would rather listen to.
Taking my blue spectacles off and trying to be objective. The players we have bought were not on the very top of our wish list, irrespective of finance, (perhaps Fernadinho excepted?).
Our purchases are a result of FFP. They are largely "not proven" at the highest level. With United appointing ex-officals/directors in most influential seats in football it may prove difficult to get round FFP. Not complaining it's just reality!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.