The Squad planning thread

Milan aren't selling Theo and Bayern aren't selling Davies. Even if they were, I don't see them as players that would fit what Pep wants at all. Neither have ever shown ability to play inside, they are just flying fullbacks. Unless of course Pep is going to move to this system and we just don't know it.

Realistically, if Cancelo leaves in the next week then Ake, Laporte and Gomez are going to play there.

Just a quick note on Alphonse Davies, i can't see us going for him given Pep had a gentleman's agreement with Bayern not to buy any of their players, but if he only has 17 months left of his contract, i genuinely don't understand why we haven't looked to bring him in.

We're not selling McAtee.

Unlike the others where we sold with buybacks.. we're not letting anyone get a whiff.

Very highly rated internally by Pep and will likely at the very least have a Cole Palmer role next year to prove himself.
Agree his value would double overnight if a lower prem club bought him. Give him a season or two to show what he can do before thinking about a sale.

A few younger will probably go. Sad to see our own leave if they do but Tommy Doyle, THB, JWE, and the goalie at Bolton would probably bring in good money. Happy if Pep sees a route for them though.

That's what I was thinking when he keeps playing centre halves at left back. That's definitely a message of get me a new left back please
Not sure it is. We're more or less playing 3 centre-backs and 2 deep midfielders with the way Lewis has been sitting helping Rodri. Not sure Pep's bothered about getting a left-back - unless maybe if Cancelo or one of our centre-backs wants to go.

Last edited:
A few younger will probably go. Sad to see our own leave if they do but Tommy Doyle, THB, JWE, and the goalie at Bolton would probably bring in good money. Happy if Pep sees a route for them though.

I actually think City rate James Trafford as an Ederson replacement.. much better at making saves than Eddie with very similar ball playing ability.

The others yeah but Trafford is one to watch for the future unlike Bazunu.

I actually think City rate James Trafford as an Ederson replacement.. much better at making saves than Eddie with very similar ball playing ability.

The others yeah but Trafford is one to watch for the future unlike Bazunu.

It all depends on what the club wants really. If they are still trying to replicate Barcelona and have a team stacked with academy players then they won't sell them because they've got the quality to be brought though.

We've got 3 in the squad at the moment, but 3-6 who could make it over the next 18 months 2 years.

It all depends on what the club wants really. If they are still trying to replicate Barcelona and have a team stacked with academy players then they won't sell them because they've got the quality to be brought though.

We've got 3 in the squad at the moment, but 3-6 who could make it over the next 18 months 2 years.
I think it comes down to a balance of what we need and how good these kids are. McAtee may well be rated but in his position its very difficult to get game time. On the other hand JWE must be thinking he has a chance. I guess what we don't know is how the club rate him. Most of the rest I think will go now or in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.