The Squad planning thread

Stones is a phenomenal CB and a below average CDM. The system of putting a CB in midfield ( be that Stones or Akanji) was part of our biggest problem last season.

It was an interesting quirk that worked for a few months 2 seasons ago. It helped us get back on a run. But by the last month of the season, teams had already begun to figure it out and nullify it's advantages.

Last season, it was mostly a detriment. We simply need technical footballers on the ball in the midfield. The real trick is to switch to a double pivot, so whoever the Rodri back up is, actually plays next to him a often. Hence why the Newcastle kid was a very good call.

We are looking for a Kovacic upgrade. It's why we wanted Rice (Thank God we didn't get him though). But someone of that caliber. A 6/8 hybrid. The Portuguese kid I love. Albeit a little short.

But by God, we want fewer defenders on the ball when we are in possession. Frankly a switch to a 3 -6-1 will be great.

I don't recall Stones being utilised in that role much at all last season - mostly Akanji, even when Stones was playing. Very odd. Akanji was decent enough apart from around the box, which massively limited the effectiveness. Completely agree on a double pivot being the best shout - needed with having out and out wingers as well.

I don't recall Stones being utilised in that role much at all last season - mostly Akanji, even when Stones was playing. Very odd. Akanji was decent enough apart from around the box, which massively limited the effectiveness. Completely agree on a double pivot being the best shout - needed with having out and out wingers as well.
Stones played in early years in DM

1721105483689.png

i dont know why, but City registered Zack Steffen last season - most likely a plan D if everything went south in gk department, but by the looks of things we have lots of space for new players, also with Gomez out and not registering Kalvin and Cancelo

Time to get my list out....
View attachment 125428
Thanks for that - find that format helpful. Good to see all the players that have moved on, especially the Locally Trained ones as they might be options to strengthen the squad without taking up the Free List spaces.

However, two bits of accuracy - It is Tommy Doyle who has moved to Wolves and Calum Doyle remains on our EDS list.

Thanks for that - find that format helpful. Good to see all the players that have moved on, especially the Locally Trained ones as they might be options to strengthen the squad without taking up the Free List spaces.

However, two bits of accuracy - It is Tommy Doyle who has moved to Wolves and Calum Doyle remains on our EDS list.
Corrected - thanks

The rest - Couto, Kabore, Mbete, Doyle, Gomez, Esbrand, McAttee, Phillips, Perrone, Bobb and Delap - are all tipped to move on loan or permanently before the PL season starts...​

Doubt that Bobb is going anywhere, he is having a good progression and it will not be good for him to move to another club that you are not guaranted playtime.
He is, in fact, not going anywhere.

Wonder if any of them will get a chance this season.

If we dont sign a fullback, then Galvez looks like the one

The same i can say about Susoho or Wright, he is training in the 1st team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.