The Squad planning thread

Hence the 361 shout. Let's assume for a second we got say Wharton for that understudy slash co CM role role

..............................Eddy/Ortega....
Walker/Akanji....Stones/Dias.....Gvardiol/Ake

.............Rodri/Wharton.....Wharton/Kovacic.......
Savinho/Bobb...............................Doku/Grealish
............Foden/ Kevin.......Bernado/Olmo.......

............................Haaaland/ Alvarez........

Something like this. 3 defenders 6 mids with 2 DMs and 4 attacking mids.
So this is just the 541 formation Leverkusen uses but your using wingers as wingbacks.

Listen, im all for it, I have suggested this a few times as I believe we arw better with wingers out wide than fullbacks.

It does require alot of tracking back for those wingers because in rest defense they need to make a back 5.

As much as you dislike the CB into CDM role, it was actually genius of Pep to invent this. He had wide wingers like you have, but they arent wingbacks, there are defensive fullbacks behind them for cover. It retains the back 4 Pep prefers, I believe for pressing reasons, Pep will never do a back 5 as he feels it is inferior.

I say all this while liking your 541, but I can see valid concerns of wingers as wingbacks (too much burden), and when defending the formatiom tends to sit too deep for Pep to start pressing with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.