Ederson/Ortega/Carson

Walker/Akanji/Dias/Stones/Gvardiol/Ake/Lewis

Rodri/Kovacic/+1

KDB/Foden/Nunes/Bernado/McAtee

Bobb/Grealish/Doku/Savio

Haaland/Alvarez

Club trained: Foden, Bobb, McAtee, Lewis
Home grown: Grealish, McAtee, Foden, Walker, Ake, Carson, Lewis, Stones

We should be buying quality players now. We won the treble a year ago! Our stock has never been higher. If we don’t sign at least two quality players this window then we will go backwards, particularly if Ederson goes too.

We should be buying quality players now. We won the treble a year ago! Our stock has never been higher. If we don’t sign at least two quality players this window then we will go backwards, particularly if Ederson goes too.
If quality players go they will be replaced. But why keep buying quality players, are we pushing any one out?

If quality players go they will be replaced. But why keep buying quality players, are we pushing any one out?
The squad needs to evolve and that involves moving players on and bringing in fresh hungry players who are eager to win the next treble because I don’t care what anyone says when you have won everything there is to win and trophy’s every year you start to take a slight step back and befire you know it we are being caught up . It’s like Kyle Walker who for me would be let go in the summer and replaced by a younger hungrier player . We have had the best times ever with these players and I know everyone wants them to stay every season but in the end sentiment can catch up with us .

The squad needs to evolve and that involves moving players on and bringing in fresh hungry players who are eager to win the next treble because I don’t care what anyone says when you have won everything there is to win and trophy’s every year you start to take a slight step back and befire you know it we are being caught up . It’s like Kyle Walker who for me would be let go in the summer and replaced by a younger hungrier player . We have had the best times ever with these players and I know everyone wants them to stay every season but in the end sentiment can catch up with us .
Whilst I agree we also committed to giving Walker a new contract. Look at Madrid probably a prime example of what you are saying they’ve kept Kroos and Modric for years and players like them before. It’s balance.

We have a small squad and 90% players are happy with game time. Alvarez wants to go because of game time, ederson is money. Most players are happy so why would they leave?

"We should be buying quality players now."

It must be a decade plus since we did that ;)

It's not an exact science, but equally we don't want to find ourselves in a situation whereby Pep leaves at the end of 24/25 and his immediate successor finds himself having to replace Walker, De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva in one transfer window.
It needs to be a gradual process with ideally at least one potential upgrade arriving this summer

Strange summer this.

Pre season a bit pointless with so many key players missing due to euros

Lack of transfers which is odd after winning league again last year whilst rivals strengthen.

If pep was staying longer we would be signing players. I really see this being his last season and lack of activity is to allow a new manager a fresh start which makes sense.

Not going to be an easy season this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.