RW:
Oscar Bobb
Savinho

LW:
Jack Grealish
Jérémy Doku

ST:
Erling Haaland

I think if we can offload Cancelo and Nunes, bring in an adequate Rodri deputy and a back-up striker we'll be in extremely good shape. Those are big ifs though, as right now the squad is rather unbalanced.

GK:
Ederson
Stefan Ortega
Scott Carson

RB:
Kyle Walker
Rico Lewis
João Cancelo

CB:
Manuel Akanji
Rúben Dias
John Stones
Kalvin Phillips

LB:
Joško Gvardiol
Nathan Aké

CM:
Rodri
Mateo Kovačić
Bernardo Silva
Matheus Nunes

AM:
Kevin de Bruyne
Phil Foden
James McAtee
Nico O'Reilly

RW:
Oscar Bobb
Savinho

LW:
Jack Grealish
Jérémy Doku

ST:
Erling Haaland

I think if we can offload Cancelo and Nunes, bring in an adequate Rodri deputy and a back-up striker we'll be in extremely good shape. Those are big ifs though, as right now the squad is rather unbalanced.

Looks pretty light in attack over a long season that.
Only one striker.
Two unproven kids for attacking midfield plus Kev who’s now 33. Lot of onus on Phil there.

We really could do with another top class attacking midfielder and another striker.

Are people really that surprised we aren't gonna have a huge rebuild this summer?

We've already brought in Savio who seems like he'll join the first team, expect bigger roles for Rico & Bobb this year and potentially some of the other academy players like Wilson-Esbrand, McAtee, Perrone etc.

Then as has been reported if a KDB, Ederson, Bernardo, Alvarez, Walker etc. leave they will be replaced, but if they dont leave then our squad hasn't space for anyone new

Same way that Arsenal are waiting on their 1st move far only close to signing a CB, arguably their strongest area at present, Liverpool have signed no-one, Villa are in a mix of selling their best players and buying some quality, Spurs have signed a kid, United are United and Chelsea are buying players from the Championship while alienating their home grown talent

The new PSR rules seem to be playing on everyone's minds, and think clubs are still figuring out what each other will do
I agree with most of that, but my biggest concern is that City wait too long and end up with Walker and De Bruyne ageing rapidly, plus Ederson, Stones and Bernardo all deciding to look for a new challenge.

That's a huge overhaul if Guardiola doesn't extend his contract so obviously his situation is critical for the long term process.

Looks pretty light in attack over a long season that.
Only one striker.
Two unproven kids for attacking midfield plus Kev who’s now 33. Lot of onus on Phil there.

We really could do with another top class attacking midfielder and another striker.
I think if Bobb is given decent minutes he has at least ten goals in him this season and maybe the same number of assists. He might easily replace the Alvarez contribution.

We definitely do not need any more wide attacking players or attacking midfielders. Do we even need a replacement for Alvarez?
We badly need proper back up at No 6, astonishing that nothing is being done about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.