The Squad planning thread

Would love odergaard from arsenal .
I think we missed a trick with him - good mates with Haaland and plays for the same small country so unlikely to qualify (or go deep) into international tournaments so will be available and motivated for club games. €40 million looks great value for a player of his skills and age.

I think we missed a trick with him - good mates with Haaland and plays for the same small country so unlikely to qualify (or go deep) into international tournaments. €40 million looks great value for a player of his skills and age.

Because we already have better midfield than Odegaard back then, i doubt he wants to join us because he really need those regular minutes and not another rotation player.

Reactions: kun
Possibly a full back in the summer
Cancelo can play left or right so could by either a left or a right back (theo hernandez could be an option as his contract expires in 2024)

A central midfielder with bellingham being probably the one people will want but frenkie de Jong, fernandez (did gavi sort out his contract with Barca?) Personally I'd like to see lavia back at some point perhaps another season at Southampton would be best for him though )

A winger would be a good addition (wish torres had stayed to be honest) leao? or chiesa? possibly though personally I'd love to see sancho back but for so many reasons I can't see that happening

Who might leave?
I'd guess one of the defenders (ake?)
Gundogan? (Could be a good bellingham replacement for dortmund)
Silva or mahrez (the silva rumours have been going on for so long I feel it might finally happen)

To be honest if we signed nobody and lost nobody we would be just fine but probably to keep things fresh 3 players would be ideal

Squad as of today

Keepers:
Ederson (29)
Stefan Ortega (30)
(Zack Steffen(27))
Looking at the keeperoptions Id say wer are fine for at least 4-5 seasons.
RB:
Kyle Walker (32)
Rico Lewis (18)
(Joao Cancelo(28))
(Manuel Akanji (27))
(Yan Cauto (20))
(Issa Kabore (21))
We will need to replace Walker in a couple of seasons. Whether thats with a first choice or an understudy to Rico Lewis
Dont know if Cauto has a future with us. Dont know if Kabore will make it as never seen him play

CB:
Aymeric Laporte (28)
Ruben Dias (25)
Nathan Ake (27)
Manuel Akanji (27)
John Stones (28)
(Taylor Harwood-Bellis(20))
(Luke Mbete(19))
(Collum Doyle (19))

No idea if the young lads will make it
However looking t he age of the centre halves we have we have time - agai at least another 3-4 years baring any horrific injury issues with any of them
LB:
Nathan Ake (27)
Joao Cancelo (28)
Sergio Gomez (22)
Josh Wilson-Esbrand (20)
Left back has been a continous problem since Pep arrived and its not been solved.
Ake is a decent option but he is not a Pep left back
Cancello does a very good job there against most teams but is exposed when against the best.
Gomez- unknown as is JWE

Id say this is an area we must get right asap
DM:
Rodri (26)
Kalvin Phillips (27)
(Yangel Herrera (24))
Seem to be sorted here for the consierable future....However depending on how Kalvin Phillips adapt we could need an understudy to Rodri ( or not)
M:
Kevin de Bruyne (31)
Ilkay Gundogan (32)
Bernardo Silva (28)
Phil Foden (22)
(Tommy Doyle (21))
(James McAtee (20))

The biggest concern. Pivotal to any team but certainly to Peps.

Only one of those is going to be here in a couple of years time (Foden)....KDB, Gundo will move on due to age, bernardo (unless he has a change of heart will also go)

Will Doyle and McAtee make it? Removing the blue tinted specs I dont see it with Doyle. McAtee however looks a real prospect but can he make that final step?

Wingers:
Riyad Mahrez (31)
Cole Palmer (20)
Jack Grealish (27)
Julian Alvarez (22)
Bernardo Silva (28)
(Kayky (19))
Filip Stevanovic (20))
Dario Sarmiento (19))
Mahrez - finished - needs to be replaced.
Grealish - it aint working - sell him
B. Silva - may not be here as wants to go to sunnier climates
Besides Alvarez the others Ive no idea about.....

Therefore along with midfield and Left Back - huge area to focus on

Strikers:
Erling Haaland (22)
Julian Alvarez (22)
(Liam Delap) (19)
(Morgan Rogers (20))

Haaland and Alvarez (baring injureis) means we are covered for as long as they both want to stay (hopefully about 10 years!!!!)

Therefore we have time to see if the academy products can come through whether thats in the near future or distant future.

Not many option out there?
Jude Bellingham - lots of hype, huge potential and clearly a target - could be a world beater, could be a flop
Martin Ødegaard - Arsenal will tie him down and if Pep leaves would he come here after that?
Enzo Fernandez - Chelsea bound
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic? - no idea about him
Frankie de Jong? - questionable motives, atitude and would he adapt to the pace of the prem....
Ruben Neves - no idea if he would really fit into our team
Youri Tielemans? - Not good enough
Rafael Leao - hype, raw and a risk
We also look like we may get this young Argentinian lad Perrone who could be a cross between a number 8 and a number 6
For me we need to address the left back option now.
We also in the summer need to address the wide options both left and right as neither Grealish or Mahrez are good enough imho (however we wont)
Midfield - Im sure we will get this bit right but its critical and needs doing if not this summer next summer - Bellingham is the obvious choice but I also think we will need one other (maybe the summer after)

Striker, Keeper right back, centre half and DM we are all set and have time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.