The Squad planning thread

We have a massive rebuilding job over the next 3-5 years
KDB Gundo Mahrez Walker all pushing on big time
Also potentially Bernardo Laporte Cancelo leaving within that time frame too but leaving us with a solid spine still in Eddie Dias Rodri Foden Haaland

One of the CBs has to go, theres too much rotation going on, need a settled defence it what got us to the UCL final.

One of the CBs has to go, theres too much rotation going on, need a settled defence it what got us to the UCL final.

I think there is something in the Gvardiol links and personally think Ake and Laporte would go if we got Gvardiol.

A left footed left-back is a must for me. It allows us to get the most of Grealish as when Cancelo plays with him they both try and do the same thing and cut in and it doesn’t really work. A winger is a need as well unless we can find a way to utilise Alvarez on the wing or Palmer.

We seem to have deserted the notion of an effective press this season. A front three of Mahrez, Grealish and Erling is not going to push well enough as a unit. Hence our dependency on inverted full back to bulk out the midfield.
Alvarez, Silva and Foden brings the press back as an option but not necessarily our best ball holding set of players (apart from Silva).
I do think we are struggling to find a balance that accommodates Haaland. Hopefully an effective method will emerge sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.