The Squad planning thread

Grealish doesn't have any statistics which would justify his selection currently. His only obvious quality does appear to be ball retention but this often means playing it safely.
I saw an interesting stat about Grealish which is often overlooked & rarely quoted, but over the last 3 seasons, Jack's had the highest number of assist assists in the PL by far.

Obviously this doesn't register on the goal/assist charts, so only his ability to hold onto the ball, keep possession & draw fouls is mostly what's reported about him.

I still believe Jack & Phil will form our CM pairing in seasons to come. I think our severe lack of wing options & that we're currently stocked in midfield is what's keeping them both out wide.

Another factor re Gomez is that he has only been playing left back for 18 months when he went to Belgium. Even more recently for Spain 21s he plays as an attacking midfielder. He clearly needs a loan for 12 months but too soon to write him off.

Have these Ferland Mendy rumours any merit ?
I think it would be wise to not sign any LB named Mendy in the near future, and thats without making any kind of judgement on Ferland Mendys ability. Lots of LBs out there, would just be unnecessary to bring one in with the same last name as the one we dont want to be associated with.

and have almost the same baggage off the field as the original

Real looking at replacing him with Davies (Doubt) Fran Garcia at Rayo Vallecano or Gutiérrez at Girona

prob all better options

Real looking at replacing him with Davies (Doubt) Fran Garcia at Rayo Vallecano or Gutiérrez at Girona

prob all better options
Watched some Girona games and Gutierrez is impressive given his age. Looked good for Madrid in the past too when given a chance. I would be all for us going after him.

Only trouble is he is a fan of Madrid, born in Madrid and played there so he'd probably prefer rejoining them if the opportunity arises.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.