The Squad planning thread

The key for Pep and the club is how do we get back to so many players chipping in on the goal count again?

Haaland is a beast but I was hoping his 30/40 a season would be on top of what we always managed and the real difference going forwards yet it seems goals have kind of dried up elsewhere whilst he of course has been incredible.
It's hard. 80% of teams play us inside their own box and it's hard to break down a block like that. But when we had our false 9 we had a player that could lead away the centre halves and leave space for an on runner. Haaland is the target up front and he likes to position right on the penalty spot so it's a bit more predictable and there's less space for players to move into. Maybe another long shot threat other than De Bruyne/Rodri? Maybe work more on set pieces? It's really a tough one.

Who is getting sold in the summer?

I'd suggest any of the following
----------------------------

Cancelo
Gundogan
Mahrez
Bernardo
Gomez
Philips
Laporte

Bring in some hungry steel
----------------------

Bellingham
MacAllister
Gnoto
Lavia
Robinson
Gvardiol
Felix

Who is getting sold in the summer?
For me if would be
Gundo 100 percent ( too old for us now . Fantastic servent)
Silva needs to put a request in or shut the rumours down .
Cancelo miles off form and looks like his heads been turned .
Mahrez playing well atm but that can soon change .
Kdb love him to stay and just hoping his form drop is a one off .
Kyle Walker starting to decline and could go to sheff Utd if they. Get promoted .
Laporte. Is the only defender who could move on back to Spain .
All these players have been legends for us but time waits for no one and it’s time to start to change the guard .

Just a thought but Bernardo keeps banging on about retiring at benfica so if there are no other suitors this summer would he entertain going back there now if he’s so desperate to leave Manchester? If he is realistic with his wages at benfica as he’s not exactly skint then maybe Bernardo and €20m to benfica and we get Enzo ? Then if Gundogan left it wages up wages for Bellingham and no doubt Enzo would be on less than Bernardo was anyway and we could rebuild our midfield with Enzo and Bellingham?

Potentially - Cancelo gomez gundogan Bernardo laporte and Phillips

Pure fantasy but Theo Hernandez Bellingham Enzo Fernandez and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Gomez is more likely to go on loan. Can't see why City would sell Phillips: he's been injured/not match fit, so he's not been able to show his best form & wouldn't get much of a return on the fee we paid.

Potentially - Cancelo gomez gundogan Bernardo laporte and Phillips

Pure fantasy but Theo Hernandez Bellingham Enzo Fernandez and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Phillips not going anywhere as he still has a big role to play .

For me if would be
Gundo 100 percent ( too old for us now . Fantastic servent)
Silva needs to put a request in or shut the rumours down .
Cancelo miles off form and looks like his heads been turned .
Mahrez playing well atm but that can soon change .
Kdb love him to stay and just hoping his form drop is a one off .
Kyle Walker starting to decline and could go to sheff Utd if they. Get promoted .
Laporte. Is the only defender who could move on back to Spain .
All these players have been legends for us but time waits for no one and it’s time to start to change the guard .
Is walker in decline? Not so sure about that....yes Rico Lewis gives Pep more of what he wants (control in the midfield) but Im not sure its fair to say Walker is in decline...he has never really had the attribute that Lewis seems to have....
Couple of injuries but he aint in decline and would still get in every other prem team in the league as a first choice right back (maybe not the scousers but he is a better defender than TAA)

Agree on Cancello....totally
Mahrez as well I agree on..he has these purple patches bt is far too inconsistent.
Laporte - hmmm...not so sure Id get rid of him - he is a better left sided centre half than Ake (and remember he was willing to leave last summer for Chelsea)

Silva - personally dont want himt o leave as I think we will hugely struggle to replace his skill set (Bellingham is nothing like him) but i think its clear he will go.

Gundo - bit torn....looks like he is in decline but could be a good squad player for one more year....

KDB - big questions around him...not just fitness and age but also attitude......its no coincidence that Pep started to talk about body language/attitude etc and then drops him......stillhas magic in his boots but is cutting an increasingly looking frustrated figure....HOWEVER - how do you replace him....Grealish is not even close to his level and you dont build a league winning team around Grealish.....neither do you with Bellingham (who is probably more a gundo replacement)...how do you replace 15-20 assists a year (especially if you are losing Bernardo and Makrez on top of that - again not with just Bellingham and Grealish

I have a feeling we might even look at a new keeper this summer.

So a keeper, left back, attacking midfielder, and a winger required

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.