The stick we get

Lucky Toma said:
A guy wins the lottery and decides to design and build his dream house.
To be honest 'house' doesnt even begin to cover it. We're talking a huge f***-off mansion. An awe-inspiring building. A work of art.

He hires the best builders he can find and a classy Italian arcitect and work begins.

The neighbours gripe and grumble. They scowl enviously as they pass.

The foundations are laid followed soon after by the bricks and mortar. The roof is put on.

In time the very best fabrics, glass, and marble will be delivered. From all corners of the world.

But right now its essentially a shell. A work in progress.

And the neighbours......bizarrely their envy turns to scorn.

'Look at your house!' they explain in glee, 'Its just an expensive shell!'

The guy is nonplussed. He lights a Cuban cigar and tilts his face upwards to the glinting sun.
Because he has seen the finished plans. And they are breath-taking.

He knows his history. Rome wasnt built in a day. It takes time and patience to construct something as wondrous as this.

He peers down the sumptious driveway and beyond the electronic gates and the jealous neighbours who stand and mock.
Across the road he sees a fine house....but he knows its mortgaged to the hilt.
Down the street he spies a man in an Everton shirt, dancing on his lawn......right beside a decrepid 'For Sale' sign thats been there for many years.

The guy smiles easily and looks forward to a glorious summer.

The reason that post is so good is because its true...

Lucky Toma said:
To be honest 'house' doesnt even begin to cover it. We're talking a huge f***-off mansion. An awe-inspiring building. A work of art.

He hires the best builders he can find and a classy Italian arcitect and work begins.

The foundations are laid followed soon after by the bricks and mortar. The roof is put on.

In time the very best fabrics, glass, and marble will be delivered. From all corners of the world.

The guy is nonplussed. He lights a Cuban cigar and tilts his face upwards to the glinting sun.

He knows his history. Rome wasnt built in a day. It takes time and patience to construct something as wondrous as this.

He peers down the sumptious driveway and beyond the electronic gates and the jealous neighbours who stand and mock.
Down the street he spies a man in an Everton shirt, dancing on his lawn......right beside a decrepid 'For Sale' sign thats been there for many years.

But does the architect know what he's doing?

I find it hard to understand that we can have Johnson, Petrov, Potentially Robinho, SWP, Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Tevez and about 4 defensive midfielders yet we only have one attacking midfielder.

I supported Hughes until almost the end, but I think he made a big mistake in not signing a central midfielder. Why did he sign Barry & Kompany & De Jong & Zabeleta? I have no doubts about the quality of these players, but the overall balance is not right. perhaps you just can't do it all in 1-2 transfer windows, & the injuries to Johnson and Ireland have not helped.

Lucky Toma said:

brilliant.Rome wasnt built in a day.

this is the best thread iv seen on here for ages. gives me hope. i say we make this a sticky everytime we lose. just to make us all feel better. love ittttt.

planning_the_empire.png

Chrisdunk said:
Great thread but how many of us were calling Chelsea a plastic club when Abramovich took over them?

I was definitely one of those people, it's all abit hypocritical don't you think? I still see "Chelski" being posted on here & it's pretty cringeworthy

I didn't.
I welcomed their riches as it was going to make the title race a bit more open, a team other than manyoo or Arsenal had a good chance to break the top 2 (as it was) duopoly.

I live down south and the only fans I have encountered that are bitter, are spuds and the arse.
Every other teams supporters always tell me they would love us to do well and want us to smash that 'Sky Four' cartel.

*edit in: by the way, great post OP!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.