The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
No it’s not.

The Numbers​

A reddit user made a serious analysis with algorithms to test if corner kicks can significantly increase the chance for scoring a goal or not.

To test this, he examined 134 English Premier League (EPL) matches from the 2010/11 season, encompassing 1,434 corners.

The results were eye-opening for many football fans:

• Only 20% of corners led to a shot on goal.
  • A mere 10% of these shots resulted in a goal.
  • In essence, a minuscule 2% of corners led to a goal.

Last analysis I saw was 3% resulted in goals. Therefore they’ve got 33% more successful in just over a decade.

It was the contact wasn't that made it a legitimate VAR decision. I think it should have stood but could easily argue the other way.
Don’t think so. Think it was Bernardo interfering with Sa by being so close that made it subjective.

The linesman can’t see how Bernardo has interfered or not, so, very belatedly, put his flag up.

VAR showed he was a yard to Sa’s right and didn’t stop him seeing the ball or diving.

Had the header gone into the far corner, there would have been more of a decision to make.

The Numbers​

A reddit user made a serious analysis with algorithms to test if corner kicks can significantly increase the chance for scoring a goal or not.

To test this, he examined 134 English Premier League (EPL) matches from the 2010/11 season, encompassing 1,434 corners.

The results were eye-opening for many football fans:

• Only 20% of corners led to a shot on goal.
  • A mere 10% of these shots resulted in a goal.
  • In essence, a minuscule 2% of corners led to a goal.

Last analysis I saw was 3% resulted in goals. Therefore they’ve got 33% more successful in just over a decade.
The numbers game is a good read. Clearly highlights that corners actually hamper a lot of short teams. So susceptible to the counter. We just recycled the ball a lot for years until we bought some big lads

O'Neil must have scouse parents.
He's the perpetual victim, in his world
Isn’t he just. Never stops bleating. Wasn’t bleating last season when their goalscorer should have been sent off. You just know that every media outlet everywhere will make a massive deal of this all week.

Reminded me a bit of Micah’s goal at Villa for last minute celebration's. Did a couple get arrested for jumping one barrier too many!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.