The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
O Neil complaining that they had the same goal ruled out vs West Ham last season. I just watched that goal and the Wolves player was virtually as tall as the West Ham keeper and just stood right in front of him and didn't move so clearly blocked the keepers view. So clearly not the same as yesterday ONeil

A controversy stirred up by frustrated Wolves fans, bitterly frustrated gooners an other redtop teams. Of all the pundits and ex-officials commenting on the goal only Carragher thought the goal should have been ruled out - and that leads us to the unavoidable conclusion that it wasn't controversial at all. I can only assume that the assistant flagged because he saw Bernado in an offside position but from his viewpoint it wasn't clear that he wasn't affecting the play. He was never affecting the 'keeper's sight nor his ability to make the save (the ball went straight over Sa's head). Sa couldn't have come for the corner anyway because Phil had whipped the corner in instead of giving it height to the far post. So thanks, Johny Stones.

O Neil complaining that they had the same goal ruled out vs West Ham last season. I just watched that goal and the Wolves player was virtually as tall as the West Ham keeper and just stood right in front of him and didn't move so clearly blocked the keepers view. So clearly not the same as yesterday ONeil

Ultimately, it was quite handy that O'Neil provided a neat example of what does constitute offside in that situation.

Showing them side by side pretty much destroys any argument that Silva is having an effect on the keeper.

I love it when we cause this much pain. It wasn't the (supposed) foul, it wasn't that it might be offside, it was because it was last minute and it was City. The mental gymnastics has been embarrassing, even from the likes of Henry (Uphisownfurcoatwearingarse) Winter

That goal must have destroyed them. Loving it!

Stop thinking about the poison guys, its their pain that is showing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.