The striker situation

Give Hiwula a chance! He's a natural number 9, what's the point of having an academy system if in situations like this we don't use the resources we have? Hiwula may flop, he may thrive but at least give him a chance before playing someone else out of position. We are not going to not beat Palace at home next week because we played Hiwula instead of Nasri or Yaya up top.

I will be very annoyed if he doesn't start.

I'd like to see Yaya given the strikers role for now.

He's got everything you need to be a very good goal scorer, power, pacey, quick feet, an eye for a goal and a wicked shot. Also he'd add a lot of height and we seem to have quite a few midfielders so using Yaya wouldn't matter to much.

WNRH said:
Give Hiwula a chance! He's a natural number 9, what's the point of having an academy system if in situations like this we don't use the resources we have? Hiwula may flop, he may thrive but at least give him a chance before playing someone else out of position. We are not going to not beat Palace at home next week because we played Hiwula instead of Nasri or Yaya up top.

He scored 1 goal in 9 games for Yeovil in the 3rd tier with the manager saying he missed lots of chances. I'm all for giving youth a chance but some are just not good enough and Jordy did not take his chance it seems. If we're that desperate, we may as well bring Guidetti back, he at least has a good goalscoring ratio in 2nd rate leagues. Or play Silva as the false nine.

LoveCity said:
WNRH said:

He scored 1 goal in 9 games for Yeovil in the 3rd tier with the manager saying he missed lots of chances. I'm all for giving youth a chance but some are just not good enough. If we're that desperate, we may as well bring Guidetti back, he at least has a good goalscoring ratio in 2nd rate leagues. Or play Silva as the false nine.

Maybe the players around him were shite and didn't provide him with the service? How will we know if he can't cut it unless given a chance?

What have we got to lose? We are playing Palace at home, if he doesn't cut it we won't get beat because of it.

He's gone to the other end of the country for his first experience of professional football and playing for a struggling side, it's unfair to expect him to come back with 10 goals.

Nasri's a good finisher, but as we saw the other day, he's shit at staying onside. Toure could definitely hold it up well and bring others into it, but I'm not sure he'd deal with having two defenders on him at all times. I say stick with Pozo. A run in the team can't do him any harm. He wasn't amazing yesterday, but last week he nearly scored.

Or is he injured as well now?

LoveCity said:
WNRH said:

He scored 1 goal in 9 games for Yeovil in the 3rd tier with the manager saying he missed lots of chances. I'm all for giving youth a chance but some are just not good enough and Jordy did not take his chance it seems. If we're that desperate, we may as well bring Guidetti back, he at least has a good goalscoring ratio in 2nd rate leagues. Or play Silva as the false nine.

Guidetti picked up an injury today and had to come off on the hour, now awaiting a scan to see extent of the injury, we are jinxed - probably the Gypsie from Maine Road!

I'd give Pozo another hour against Palace at home - good experience and another chance for him to get off the mark (which would do his confidence a world of good). Silva is the natural option because he does it for Spain regularly.

Pozo will remain part of the first team but whether he will start I am not too sure.

Hiwula won't play if you ask me, he wasn't good enough for League 1.

Silva or Lampard as a false 9 or Yaya up.

sam-caddick said:
Pozo will remain part of the first team but whether he will start I am not too sure.

Hiwula won't play if you ask me, he wasn't good enough for League 1.

Silva or Lampard as a false 9 or Yaya up.

At the same age Dzeko wasn't good enough for the Bosinan league and Drogba was struggling in French League 2.

Very silly to write a player off when the only chance he has been given is 9 games in a struggling league one side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.