The striker situation

Palace and WBA are not easy games. Whenever we've been under pressure in the last 2 seasons, we've depended on our strikers to get us more goals than the opposition. It became a bit of a theme - you score one, we'll score more. The philosophy of the team hasn't changed, maybe it can't change. To my mind, we need two stand in strikers.

Yaya is the obvious choice but if he plays there we will miss his build up play..

i would go with Nasri and Silva playing a free role just behind.

mammutly said:
Palace and WBA are not easy games. Whenever we've been under pressure in the last 2 seasons, we've depended on our strikers to get us more goals than the opposition. It became a bit of a theme - you score one, we'll score more. The philosophy of the team hasn't changed, maybe it can't change. To my mind, we need two stand in strikers.

You may be right however that does not address the situation as it is right now does it?

JAMES MILNER ALL DAY LONG FOR ME.
Perfect stop gap. Runs all day, intelligent, 2 footed, really good finisher, good in the air and team player. He'd make space for merlin, Nasri etc with his movement. Can't see went no one else has thought of it. Stop laughing and think about it!!!!

wattle said:
Perfect stop gap. Runs all day, intelligent, 2 footed, really good finisher, good in the air and team player. He'd make space for merlin, Nasri etc with his movement. Can't see went no one else has thought of it. Stop laughing and think about it!!!!

i'd be happy with this next sat than leaving it to young Pozo

wattle said:

Jimmy seems to miss quite a lot of chances. Other than that I agree.

The biggest challenge a makeshift striker has is holding the ball up when they get it and staying onside. I can't see Yaya being good at the latter.

Nasri for me but with Lampard a must to start as he and Yaya are the only two that chip in.

It may work in our favour as teams can't prepare for us and may think they can get something, leaving themselves more open than normal.

We must also work on our free kicks, corners and play to get players in the box where penalties can be given.

Thankfully our fixtures are kind but with lack of players, rotation won't be easy. The Burnley game comes 2 days after West Brom but we won't be able to make changes.

How close are some of the players to one game bans for 5 yellows?

wattle said:

Could be an option, he plays every where else so why not up top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.