The striker situation

WNRH said:
sam-caddick said:
Pozo will remain part of the first team but whether he will start I am not too sure.

Hiwula won't play if you ask me, he wasn't good enough for League 1.

Silva or Lampard as a false 9 or Yaya up.

At the same age Dzeko wasn't good enough for the Bosinan league and Drogba was struggling in French League 2.

Very silly to write a player off when the only chance he has been given is 9 games in a struggling league one side.

I am not writing him off but I would prefer Pozo and Ambrose over Hiwula, both have more to their game than Jordi.

Without being over negative, it's a situation that is going to cause us problems. We've seen again today that if you're going to have injury problems it's easier to deal with if they're injuries to defenders rather than strikers. Centre backs and full backs can generally interchange or a defensive midfielder can drop back into the centre of defence. As Man U have done today you can even play a pair of wingers as 'wing backs' and get away with it, as long as your strikers take their chances. At the minute, we haven't even got the option of selecting our third choice striker let alone our second or first. It's unfair to expect an untried kid or one of the midfielders to convert chances at the same rate as Sergio. So it's fingers crossed and hope that we get through the next few weeks as best we can until the guys are back.

Astley Lad said:
Without being over negative, it's a situation that is going to cause us problems. We've seen again today that if you're going to have injury problems it's easier to deal with if they're injuries to defenders rather than strikers. Centre backs and full backs can generally interchange or a defensive midfielder can drop back into the centre of defence. As Man U have done today you can even play a pair of wingers as 'wing backs' and get away with it, as long as your strikers take their chances. At the minute, we haven't even got the option of selecting our third choice striker let alone our second or first. It's unfair to expect an untried kid or one of the midfielders to convert chances at the same rate as Sergio. So it's fingers crossed and hope that we get through the next few weeks as best we can until the guys are back.

Dzeko and Jovetic should be back by the time we play Everton, but up until then we play sides that we will create at least 10-15 chances against, so even with the squad we have available to us at the moment, I still expect us to get a goal or two from those chances.

If we were playing a few sides that were in the top 8 then I would be concerned, but we are not, the sides we are facing are all in the bottom 7-8 I think.

Petetheblu said:
I'd like to see Yaya given the strikers role for now.

He's got everything you need to be a very good goal scorer, power, pacey, quick feet, an eye for a goal and a wicked shot. Also he'd add a lot of height and we seem to have quite a few midfielders so using Yaya wouldn't matter to much.

on the money.

given time he'd catch aguero :0)

For me, as long as at least one of Dzeko/Jovetic/Aguero back by the time we travel to Goodison we should be good. Not too worried about Palace/WBA/Burnley/Sunderland and Sheffield, with only one of them being away. That's about four weeks between now and Jan 10, that should be enough time.

We've got a few options, non of them promising however. Silva could play in a false 9 role like he has for Spain. Yaya certainly has all the attributes of a centre forward but he's never played upfront so it would be a risk. Pozo just isn't a striker for me and you can't expect him to perform out of position at his age. I do believe he is a fantastic prospect though.

Other than that we push lampard up forward and hope he pops one in or we could dip into the youth team. Hiwula and Thierry ambrose the best options. I wish we had sorted the whole iheanacho situation out co she'd be the answer judging from pre season.

Everyone's assuming that we'll be okay by mid- January, but Jovetic and Dzeko keep picking up the same injury and there's no guarantee that Aguero will be fit.

City could do a lot worse than take Robbie Keane on loan during the MLS post season.

34 years old, but he's match fit and still scoring goals.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Everyone's assuming that we'll be okay by mid- January, but Jovetic and Dzeko keep picking up the same injury and there's no guarantee that Aguero will be fit.

City could do a lot worse than take Robbie Keane on loan during the MLS post season.

34 years old, but he's match fit and still scoring goals.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Something smells

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.