The Sun

brazilians hurt said:
Sunny Coast Blue said:
How the fuck can anyone say a team that has milked the deaths of the Munich victims for 53 YEARS, treated the survivors with such disdain and run over 700M in debt done anything the right way.
They don't have a history - the cunts have FORM, end of.
CTID

And so does does that rag puporting to be a newspaper. A vitrolic, lying, waste of paper and ink written by the uneducated for the uneducated. That stupid it fucked up totally by alienating most of its audience on Merseyside following the Hillsborough diaster

What that old saying "Birds of feather flock together"

Two organisations created for each others benefit, acting as they are Bristish Instituations when in reality they are a talentless, charismaless, money grabbing twats
and, surprisingly enough, both owned by grubby charmless pygmies

What nobody else in football apart from city fans realise is that we've been in a 44 year long marathon since our last League Championship. We jogged for a bit; walked for a bit; reversed for a long, long stretch whilst we were hanging back for bets; then slowly started jogging again, before doing a sprint for the title - which should finish successfully round about April/May 2012 if my reckoning works out right :-)

And don't they just fecking hate it!

The Sun is comical, ive said it before and ill say it again there is a massive behind the scenes agenda going on due to our club being owned by an arab muslim! The western world is anti arabia and they cant handle an arab muslim boy dominating the game so they will attempt to derail us in any way they can. They can eat shit i say cos its only a matter of time that the one and only Sheiks billions kick in and leave these jealous fucks with plenty of egg on their face!! I still have to pinch myself sometimes when i see the type of players coming in and they dont want us to be successful.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Breadsnapper said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I know you were temporarily insane when you wrote that but Best did come through there youth ranks and Carragher has always played for Liverpool
Yes I was being unfair with Best, i thought he played until an older age for glentorren. Carragher yes I know... I edited it such was my rage regarding the sun I inadvertently typed carragher went I meant carrick. Still if carragher ever played for the scum then he would be homegrown too!

You forgot Laurant Blanc as well

And Paul Parker

Here's the article, to save anyone having to visit the Sun's website.

I don't think it's that poisonous, personally. Hidden at the end is a suggestion that others will be happy for City fans ...

WHAT do Manchester City have in common with... Hull, Norwich, Leeds, Forest, Sheffield United, QPR, Leicester, Scunthorpe, Derby, Preston and Burnley.
They have all beaten Swansea City on their own grounds since last August.

QPR also did it 4-0 but I can't recall them being likened to the new Barcelona. Or two-goal Adel Taarabt being called the new Leo Messi.

The only brake put on the overall glorification of Roberto Mancini's side this week was that Swansea reminded a few people of Blackpool.

And how had the Seasiders got on in their first away game in the Premier League?

Er, they were thrashed 6-0 at Arsenal.

So let's not get TOO carried away with City's start to the season.

Which leads into a more general debate on how happy or not we are with City's emergence as the richest club in the world and, with it, the ability to buy all but a few marquee players like Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

My own views are well known. That I am as happy as I was when Chelsea thought they were going to take over the world.

That you win titles by plundering rival clubs for their best players has never struck me as particularly clever.

That's why the implosion of the Galactico-era Real Madrid was so well received. Even better when it coincided with the arrival of David Beckham.

Far better for old school relics like me was the way Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson built Ipswich.

How Bill Shankly created Liverpool. How Brian Clough transformed Derby and Nottingham Forest.

And, yes, how Alex Ferguson made Manchester United the institution they are now.

Chelsea and City fans will talk of all the money United threw at plundering other clubs. But this has been done over a 25-year period. Its effect has been assimilated.

Like the legendary Liverpool teams, it was done piecemeal, a player a season.

Of course, it's hardly Chelsea and City's fault that the money and so the players have all arrived at the same time. But there is still something too immediate, powerful, vulgar and obscene about it all. Just like football itself.

Credit to City, though, that they learned from Chelsea's mistakes - the Loadsamoney boasting that made the Blues the most unpopular team in the country.

And, yes, they have ploughed money into the community (though this still doesn't alter the fact there is something distinctly fishy about the £400million Etihad Stadium naming rights, something UEFA are looking into).

And, yes, the United monopoly - apart from Arsenal's interjection - had become tedious before Roman Abramovich arrived.

Only for United to reinvent themselves with four titles in five years.

And now it's City waiting to knock them off their perch. If they do, there will be much rejoicing from a set of fans who sank as low as the equivalent of the old Third Division while United were winning title after title, cup after cup.

As City fan Iain Bramwell e-mailed: "Prior to the Sheikh, I had resigned myself to never seeing them win a trophy again. Maybe a fluked Carling Cup.

"Now we are finding it difficult with the pressure of expectation. Life was simpler when we were c**p!"

So, yes, you feel good for City fans. Ironically for the owner of the ugly mug at the top of this column, two of his all-time favourite teams were the Chelsea and City sides of the late Sixties and early Seventies.

For the fact they not only played football the right way but also for the swagger in which they challenged the established order of Leeds, Liverpool and United.

The modern City, though, remain a little too much for this particular old-school fossil.

bowdonblue said:
Here's the article, to save anyone having to visit the Sun's website.

I don't think it's that poisonous, personally. Hidden at the end is a suggestion that others will be happy for City fans ...

WHAT do Manchester City have in common with... Hull, Norwich, Leeds, Forest, Sheffield United, QPR, Leicester, Scunthorpe, Derby, Preston and Burnley.
They have all beaten Swansea City on their own grounds since last August.

QPR also did it 4-0 but I can't recall them being likened to the new Barcelona. Or two-goal Adel Taarabt being called the new Leo Messi.

The only brake put on the overall glorification of Roberto Mancini's side this week was that Swansea reminded a few people of Blackpool.

And how had the Seasiders got on in their first away game in the Premier League?

Er, they were thrashed 6-0 at Arsenal.

So let's not get TOO carried away with City's start to the season.

Which leads into a more general debate on how happy or not we are with City's emergence as the richest club in the world and, with it, the ability to buy all but a few marquee players like Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka.

My own views are well known. That I am as happy as I was when Chelsea thought they were going to take over the world.

That you win titles by plundering rival clubs for their best players has never struck me as particularly clever.

That's why the implosion of the Galactico-era Real Madrid was so well received. Even better when it coincided with the arrival of David Beckham.

Far better for old school relics like me was the way Alf Ramsey and Bobby Robson built Ipswich.

How Bill Shankly created Liverpool. How Brian Clough transformed Derby and Nottingham Forest.

And, yes, how Alex Ferguson made Manchester United the institution they are now.

Chelsea and City fans will talk of all the money United threw at plundering other clubs. But this has been done over a 25-year period. Its effect has been assimilated.

Like the legendary Liverpool teams, it was done piecemeal, a player a season.

Of course, it's hardly Chelsea and City's fault that the money and so the players have all arrived at the same time. But there is still something too immediate, powerful, vulgar and obscene about it all. Just like football itself.

Credit to City, though, that they learned from Chelsea's mistakes - the Loadsamoney boasting that made the Blues the most unpopular team in the country.

And, yes, they have ploughed money into the community (though this still doesn't alter the fact there is something distinctly fishy about the £400million Etihad Stadium naming rights, something UEFA are looking into).

And, yes, the United monopoly - apart from Arsenal's interjection - had become tedious before Roman Abramovich arrived.

Only for United to reinvent themselves with four titles in five years.

And now it's City waiting to knock them off their perch. If they do, there will be much rejoicing from a set of fans who sank as low as the equivalent of the old Third Division while United were winning title after title, cup after cup.

As City fan Iain Bramwell e-mailed: "Prior to the Sheikh, I had resigned myself to never seeing them win a trophy again. Maybe a fluked Carling Cup.

"Now we are finding it difficult with the pressure of expectation. Life was simpler when we were c**p!"

So, yes, you feel good for City fans. Ironically for the owner of the ugly mug at the top of this column, two of his all-time favourite teams were the Chelsea and City sides of the late Sixties and early Seventies.

For the fact they not only played football the right way but also for the swagger in which they challenged the established order of Leeds, Liverpool and United.

The modern City, though, remain a little too much for this particular old-school fossil.
Er didnt Blackpool beat Wigan 4-0 in there first away game

I do the sun's dream team competition and received an email today speculating on who might be worth putting in this week. Included in this was aguero, with this blurb:

It's obvious from his cameo against Swansea on Monday that 'Kun' Aguero could actually make Man City bearable to watch. That's massive testament to the Argentine who will fancy getting on the score sheet at Bolton this weekend.

Pissed me right off!

the scum ryan wilson was on city books and fergie did a job on him when he was 16 and sign for them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.