The Sunday Supplement thread 2014/15

Re: sunday supplement and ffp

It's inconceivable to think these muppets didn't see FFP For what it is. Is it a coincidence that as soon as the breaks are put on the so called big spenders the Rags break every transfer record going? It's engineered to keep the status quo and I can't even see why it's legal to enforce it. Another poster on here said you can forget about the rags missing out on top 4 because financially they mean too much to the premier league. I believe wholeheartedly that this is the case, manipulate the market place for them, and if they're struggling you watch the dodgy pens will come back to the swamp.

Wasn't ffp created because the rags, dippers and arsenal wanted it? Doesn't that say everything you need to know. I've never heard Nintendo ask for fair play from Microsoft and Sony.

Or maybe, Liverpool are close to breaking FFP? Just a thought with their losses so far...

Prestwich_Blue said:
Bluewonder said:
I'd be ashamed if I was a journalist and I'd only just realised what this was all about.
I initially thought that maybe City's PR team had been doing a great job in pushing this line and maybe they have. But the cynic in me, having heard it repeated by quite a few different people who aren't normally 'on message', leads to an alternative view. That is, it's the new line being pushed by the old G-14 cartel, having realised they've failed to stop us and Chelsea and now it's the rags in trouble and who could fall foul of it.
That wouldn't surprise me. We all know that the game is run by and for a select group of clubs.

All has become pretty clear. The corruption in the english press in painfully transparent.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Bluewonder said:
I'd be ashamed if I was a journalist and I'd only just realised what this was all about.
I initially thought that maybe City's PR team had been doing a great job in pushing this line and maybe they have. But the cynic in me, having heard it repeated by quite a few different people who aren't normally 'on message', leads to an alternative view. That is, it's the new line being pushed by the old G-14 cartel, having realised they've failed to stop us and Chelsea and now it's the rags in trouble and who could fall foul of it.

How could Utd fall foul of FFP?
The fees paid are spread over life of contract.
Spending 40m on a player with 4 year contract hits the books at 10m per year. That's plus the wages of say 8m per year.
Five of them and best part of 100m per year hitting the books.

If do qualify for europe then this season's buys still come into play. If europa league then income lot lower, but costs will still be high. Expect fire sale to get the costs down - Mata, Shaw, Failani, etc.

Signing a contract extension picks up whatever the book value is on the player and spreads over new contract.
Say 40m player is 2 years in and then gets a 4 year extension, his 20m book value is now spread over next 4 years, 5m per year.

TheBlueDune said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

How could Utd fall foul of FFP?
The fees paid are spread over life of contract.
Spending 40m on a player with 4 year contract hits the books at 10m per year. That's plus the wages of say 8m per year.
Five of them and best part of 100m per year hitting the books.

If do qualify for europe then this season's buys still come into play. If europa league then income lot lower, but costs will still be high. Expect fire sale to get the costs down - Mata, Shaw, Failani, etc.

Signing a contract extension picks up whatever the book value is on the player and spreads over new contract.
Say 40m player is 2 years in and then gets a 4 year extension, his 20m book value is now spread over next 4 years, 5m per year.
The rules would change favourably with them in mind if ever they were to face a doomwatch situation.

Re: Sunday Supplement 14/15 Thread

The picture of Rooney on the wall pre-wig.

Think he looked less ridiculous back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.