The Sunday Supplement thread 2014/15

Re: Sunday Supplement 14/15 Thread

If Aguero is so keen to go to Real Madrid, why sign a new contract.
I know most aren't worth the paper they're printed on when push comes to shove,
but he didn't have to sign. Like someone else has said on the 'Agenda' thread.
If this lot of 'mercenaries' are so in love with themselves and don't give a shit about
the club, how come we have been treated to some great football.
Oh and I forgot haven't we won some shiny new silverware too.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
If Aguero is so keen to go to Real Madrid, why sign a new contract.
I know most aren't worth the paper they're printed on when push comes to shove,
but he didn't have to sign. Like someone else has said on the 'Agenda' thread.
If this lot of 'mercenaries' are so in love with themselves and don't give a shit about
the club, how come we have been treated to some great football.
Oh and I forgot haven't we won some shiny new silverware too.

Go to admit, that forms part of my hypothesis as to why Messi is coming in the summer :-S

Thing is do these brain dead media people can't get it in there head that we don't have to sell anyone we hold all the cards?! So Madrid come in for Aguero we can stand firm the problem will come if Aguero tells our owners he wants to go and we would negotiate a deal that we would get a lot of money for him, one thing with Aguero he wouldn't come out and moan or go public with his wishes...

So we haven't got a group of 4 or 5 players who want to be at the club long term?
Somebody really ought to let Hart, Zaba, Kolorov, Vinny and Merlin know this fact. Last I heard they'd all been here donkeys years
already and have all signed long term contracts. Aguero, Nasri and Dzeko are all rapidly joining them in terms of being
"long service employees".

No problem with what he claimed about Aguero, but the idea that the players don't care about the club in the same way is simply wrong. The most obvious players to disprove that theory are Kompany, Zabaleta and Hart. The number of late goals we get is also down to team spirit and hunger for success. The failure to kick on after winning the league is frustrating but it's not because the players don't care.

not many teams win back to back titles so you could argue most clubs step off the gas the year after

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.