The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

there is no doubt we have them worried.

they have yet to sell their season tickets.

we have the better squad

we will have the better academy

we have a brighter future

poor old Glazerites....

13.2% of the 500 people polled were City fans from the local area , whereas only 8.6% of rags were ........

how does that make them better supported 'locally'?????

Dirty Harry said:
Vic said:
Doesn't surprise me at all, this 'study' had basic flaws right from the off, at the time our kid was an ST holder living in Chester, I was living in either Chorley or Stockport, he was born at the MRI, I was born at Withington, both of us grew up in Fallowfield and Wythenshawe, yet we will have been shown as 'out of towners', as ever, a poor show and this will be no different, sad bastards
And that's a flaw because...? No United fans have moved out of the City?

It's covered by the report (72% of United s.t. holders and 78% of City s.t. holders lived within the North West) - which means 28% of United's s.t. holders lived outside the region (so not all from London). Otherwise why are people so keen to diss a report which proved there were more City s.t. holders in the City of Manchester than United s.t. holders? And more in adjoining SK and most OL postcodes too.

Point to where I said or even indicated that vic ?

Firstly the title :-

'DO YOU COME FROM MANCHESTER ?

That title indicates its (true) intentions to show an accurate representation of Mancunians (supporting either club), it's a simple question and a simple answer, so yes, we do come from Manchester (as per previous post).

Yet, it goes on to say 'a postcode analysis of the location of etc etc' and use that as its basis for its findings, so, straight away the figures will be flawed as it only takes into account the current (then) address of the ST holder, with this in mind because we lived at addresses outside of Manchester that now disqualifies us from fitting the original question/criteria as 'coming from Manchester' ?

In short, we fit the required criteria to answer the fundamental and most important question, but it then goes on to use a totally different and for many an unreliable source of data to establish this, so immediately the figures (for both sides) will be flawed you catch my drift ?
Just ignore the snappy title then, and read the report. How can stats on s.t. holders addresses be an unreliable source of data?

Anyway, it's the "data" behind the rightmove "survey" that are suspect. Apparently 13% of City fans live in M11, but only 15% in the whole City!

IF this is true then doesn't it make the rags turnout for their trophy parade compared to our's (the years before and after) even more fucking pathetic?

Vic said:
Just ignore the snappy title then, and read the report. How can stats on s.t. holders addresses be an unreliable source of data?

Anyway, it's the "data" behind the rightmove "survey" that are suspect. Apparently 13% of City fans live in M11, but only 15% in the whole City!

It's an unreliable source of data when you are trying to establish a fact of whether someone 'comes from Manchester' or not, how can you ignore the title when that is the primary question mate ?

It offers no information to answer that question, the only thing it answers is the then current postal code of season ticket holders.

But yeah let's move on bud, I've not even read the 'latest one', these things just tend to have a similar agenda from my experience.

Absolute load of contradictive bollocks , is that survey ..... trouble is the rags are daft enough to really believe it.

I always used to say things like manchester is blue to get a reaction out of them, i'm generally not bothered because anywhere you go, your going to see people in both tops, if manchester was red, wouldn't that mean every single person who lives there supports united? Well if it makes them happy fair enough, i'm happy with the Premiership trophie

black mamba said:
13.2% of the 500 people polled were City fans from the local area , whereas only 8.6% of rags were ........

how does that make them better supported 'locally'?????

This is what I was thinking but I assumed I was just being a bit thick and not understanding it properly??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.