The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

I was surprised yesterday.
Went to Sports Direct to buy some Tennis balls for the Dog, upstairs is where the Football Shirts are located (as is the tennis gear)

The place was packed out, but surprisingly the amount of people buying Manchester City shirts... there were more people buying shirts than other stuff.
People just consistently picking up the new shirts.

This is no biased opinion, I observed and no Rag shirts, no England, nothing else except City.

Around Bury Town Centre, I'll walk around and see 5-10 shirts in an hour, I'll still see the odd Rag shirt, but seeing this amount of City shirts is unreal.

Are they come lately's?
Past supporters who are coming back?
Or football fans who never had an alternative to the vermin?

I mean they are putting money into the club when they buy the shirt, but are they genuine supporters? or plastics?

I'd rather walk around and see sky blue than dirty tablecloths but as we become more popular we will lose our identity.
No more humour, no more humbleness etc etc...

100% blue.

images

lionheart said:
SWP's back said:
Oh deary me Bill, your maths certificate form your University of Life may need looking at. 14% is approximately 1 in 6 not one in 4...
You obviously left school early too. 14% is actually 1 in 7.
It would appear thus.

I've found the Rightmove survey http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/uncategorized/youre-supposed-to-be-at-homeIt's definition of Manchester is the M postal district which includes Stretford, Sale, Salford and all the rag areas to the west of Manchester. If the survey was narrowed down to just the City of Manchester or widened to cover the whole of Greater Manchester, it would have been a completely different result.

Why Always Ste said:
as we become more popular we will lose our identity.
No more humour, no more humbleness etc etc...
We only had that as we had nothing else to reply on. A bit like that fat girls are usually the funniest as they have to work at something to get noticed.

To be honest, I'd take winning lots of things and enjoying the feeling of watching a fantastic team than the odd funny chant aimed at ourselves.

I don't think the match going fan will change too much to be honest. It hasn't yet but we shall see.

zeven said:
Was this poll conducted on their website? if so?,it only confirm what we all knew, Idiots reads the sun And idiots supports United.

Good point, well made.

The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

You Mancs are letting us outsiders down, think you're gonna have to start breeding or in-breeding to get the numbers up. Although im pretty sure after winning the title there should be a blue baby boom in Manchester in 8 months time.

That pitiful turnout for their last title winning parade tells me all I need to know....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.