The Sun's "poll" claims Manchester is red...

squirtyflower said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Vic said:
I'm not sure that much has changed in ten years:

A common stereotype is that City fans come from Manchester proper, while United fans come from elsewhere. A 2002 report by a researcher at Manchester Metropolitan University found that while it was true that a higher proportion of City season ticket holders came from Manchester postcode areas (40% compared to United's 29%), there were more United season ticket holders, the lower percentage being due to United's higher overall number of season ticket holders (27,667 compared to City's 16,481); not highlighted in the report was that within the City of Manchester itself, there were more City season ticket holders (approximately 4 for every 3 United). The report warned that since the compiling of data in 2001, the number of both City and United season ticket holders had risen; expansion of United's ground and City's move to the City of Manchester Stadium have caused season ticket sales to increase further.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bitstream/2173/12506/1/seasonticketreport%20-%20brown1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bi ... brown1.pdf</a>

As Manchester Met is a glorified plastic polytechnic masquerading as a university,I won't be giving their findings too much headspace,as the survey was probably done by some southern Skyrag student twat anyway.
who wasn't bright enough to get in the Victoria University of Manchester?

In a nutshell mate.
We only made the Met a university to con thick southerners.
I gave a lecture there once,and I swear the few students who weren't stoned or asleep took notes in crayon.

Pmsl, I mean fucking hell we really do have them rattled now don't we.
So around 14% follow city and around 56% the rags:) so 1 in 4 mancs are blues lol, try and do a postcode search of cold Trafford and compare it to our place.

Clutching at straws or what.

Mind you there is no agenda .

Yawn; scratch balls; rub sleepy eyes with fist; read article; laugh; devise cunning retort of "YOU SAD TWAT" for anybody who brings it up today; get on with my day.

I tried googling this. There's no mention on any other website other than the Sun (nothing on Rightmove which is the supposed source of the poll). There's no definition of what they mean by "Mancunian" - City of Manchester?, Greater Manchester?, M postal area? If United fans travel an average of 95 miles and are Mancunian, Manchester must be 190 miles across!

Still its good enough for Talksport to report it as fact on the news!!!!

The MEN did this one just before the derby which they didn't claim as being scientific but probably provides a fair reflection.
C_71_article_1492123_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

If this was a comprehensive and objective poll, then I would have thought by the laws of probability several members of bluemoon should have been asked as part of it.

Anyone?

Well where the fuck were they when they were having that victory parade last year?????. Every one know the sun is a joke of a paper. The Dandy had more credibility!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.