The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Are the Yanks behind all of this ?
They could fix it so its just the rags and Liverpool to win it as they are American owned?

I watch test cricket, 6 nations and club rugby, lions tours, and plenty of other sports including local level sport and I can honestly say promotion and relegation (or not) makes virtually no difference to my enjoyment of any given event. I certainly I’m no fan of what I’ve heard proposed today, but I can’t honestly say promotion/relegation is what stops it all from being pointless. Ultimately my main priority in football is as a supporter of City, not the FA or the “football pyramid”.
Get your point but having promotion and relegation as a jeopardy is a great way to ensure a competitive season to the end etc - I don't see removing it as a step in the right direction..........

This. And they introduced the historical payments so clubs living in the past got more share of the money

There’s a lot more to this than an idle threat this time...the finances are in place to go now whatever is offered which, at the moment, is expulsion.

Just seen Rat boys rant, I agree with most of what he said but, I take issue with the history bollocks of the rags, arse and dippers. Those clubs have been shitting on the rest of football since the 70's (and earlier) when they started talking about an English Super League back then.

Sponsorships, share of home gate receipts, etc etc.....they want it all. Pure greed.

1988 (?) Rags, Dippers, Arse, Spuds and Everton formed the Super League with 5 other clubs invited. UEFA, FIFA,
The FA and Football League told them where to go then we got the Premier League. Now they are at it again with Europe. The Football Associations should tell them they will not be able to take part in any domestic and International competition if it goes ahead.

If they want a European Super League, fine, let them go. I won't be watching. I can't believe we are part of this.

It'd have to be approved by the PL and UEFA. What happens if those 'teams' qualifies to the CL? No way in hell UEFA would accept that eventuality, hence the expulsion threat.

the 2 club option would be a home based option without any sort of promotion or any involvement with the super league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.