The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Waking up this morning has a bit of a ‘morning after the night of the long knives’ feel.

It does feel like City and Chelsea have been in cahoots with at least some of this whole charade. In fact the outcome has been quite good to us in the end with Utd, Lpool, Arsenal etc losing their positions of influence at Uefa and the American owners’ long term goal lying in tatters and their highly indebted clubs taking a battering. I’m sure we’ll never know but it wouldn’t surprise me if some serious politics and backstabbing has been going on and some wry smiles in East Manchester this morning.

Sadly I have lost interest in football I am hoping it is temporary but who knows? I work in Social Care and less than a year ago many vulnerable people were forced out of hospital, sent back to endanger other residents. Doctors and ambulances refused to visit and they were left to die with minimal if any care. No press outcry, no Boris Johnson saying he is going to anything to stop it, no public anger. Yet we suggest moving from one corrupt uncompetitive league to another corrupt non-competitive league and look at the what happens.

The ESL collapsed less than 12 hours after we pulled out. To me that proves it was never a viable proposition in the first place. Forget fan power, media criticism and global condemnation; it was only ever an attempt to win concessions from UEFA. Hopefully that bit has failed though the coefficient issue still exists.
The rag, dippers, Arse and Spurs may have to play with the rest of us but they also have the four biggest grounds and largest match day revenue. Not sure about dippers corporate facilities.
Those clubs have less money than they claim they'd get, but they aren't exactly poor. The stadium costs could hurt Spurs and Bingo's toothpaste bill could impact the dippers, but none will really struggle as the ESL was always pie in the sky and they knew it.

I’m no happy clapper and the thought of a closed shop super league disgusts me.

But regards the club’s actions I’d like offer my option/play devils advocate based on what I’ve read in the last few days.

Based on what we’re lead to believe. City didn’t know about this until Thursday, we have been told by powers at Chelsea that they were sold a lie, so let’s assume we were sold the same lie.

We didn’t sign up until the last available second. There was breaking news at 5pm Sunday that FIVE clubs had signed up to the ESL. Let’s assume we weren’t in that 5.

So, at the very last minute we made a rush judgement and joined up. We signed up to a league that didn’t effect the premier league participation. Or so City were told.

The club were faced with a decision, do we side with the Super League? Why not? The clubs we were supposed to show solidarity with, the Everton’s, Leicester’s etc, They couldn’t wait to shaft us. The club will know our fan base was not happy with the hateful 8/9.

The club were also faced with the more prominent issue, do we side with UEFA or have a foot in the door for 23 years in the new breakaway competition. The club know we as a fan base despise UEFA and UEFA have continually tried to shaft us. So, it’s more than plausible to me, that the club thought a good portion of us would be quite happy to give a big fuck you to those who have continually tried to halt our progression by any means.

Then there’s the proposals from UEFA about their revised CL. We all knew they were planning to bend over for certain history clubs, which they have done.
Why would our owners think we as a fan base would be arsed if we gave UEFA a big fuck you?

Then as a club after making a rushed judgement late Sunday evening based on what we told and what we knew, less than 48 hours later after seeing what fans & football thought, we were preparing our exit. There were several credible leaks that we were wanting out less than 24 hours after joining.

The club made a mistake, but acted rapidly to correct that. But as a fan base, we have done nothing but show utter distain for UEFA and quite often the PL. For me, it’s not hard to see how or why the club got this wrong. And whilst I’m not happy at all that we signed up, it does please me that the club observed and reacted correctly in pretty quick time.

I'm a back them or sack them kind of person, the way City have treated us all since Sunday evening is nothing short of disgraceful. Someone will be falling on their sword for sure. Bollocks did we have little notice, and if we did, you pull an all nighter to consider it properly.
As I’ve said, I think we have to allow the dust to settle and see what happens. Wait and see, bit of patience.

The hierarchy of our club thought it was acceptable to sit round the table to discuss the idea of the ESL with the very people who have systematically tried to destroy us over the last few years.

For many fans that's going to leave a very bitter taste in their mouths for a long time.
I disagree.
Is there any evidence to suggest we were all sat around this so called big table?
How do we know that there wasn't an initial group of owners in discussions?
We know for a FACT that we have never been part of the G14 so what now makes you think we would have been invited at the start of any initial concept meetings?
For all we know we could have received an invite with all the terms and conditions on but I'm just speculating.
There is a bigger picture to all of this and not just what is being portrayed in front of our eyes. Yesterday press conference with Pep was crucial, the reaction from our players again crucial and most importantly tonight's game is going to be crucial.
There is a bigger picture here, that I am certain of. Why would we get into bed with the very same owners who have tried to take us down since our owners arrival?
There's a reason why within 48 hours we have gone from signing that initial engagement letter, LOI what ever you want to call it, to withdrawing.
Pep was annoyed yesterday but he still looked quite calm about it all. If he leaves in the summer because of all of this then I will hold my hands up and say yeah our owners really are snakes like the rest.
Pep has always maintained that he trusts every single person at this club from top to bottom. At this moment in time I am still remaining calm.

I honestly don't think that Sheikh Mansour would've understood anything about this superleague, so it was probably taken out of his hands. More than likely Soriano or Bergiristan were the ones who agreed to it. Is an apology enough, I don't think it is, more to come here

You've missed the point completely, and intentionally, imo. Arsenal fans hate their owner already, and know full well he was in with this full on from the beginning. I personally have faith that we were railroaded, had minimal notice and little choice, and knew exactly what we were doing and made sure we had means to bail. Being first to back out is always the hardest, everyone else piece of piss to follow.

I would say you have missed the point also, and possibly intentionally. . My post has been in isolation about dialogue with the fans, hence I have posted the two responses on the websites providing information to the fans.

Who left first is a completely different issue and the background into the ESL will only come to light in the future. If we left first that maybe the only thing we can salvage from this mess, but I doubt is was in the interests of the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.