The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
One other point club rivalries have come back a little too quickly for my liking. At least wait until tomorrow!

All our anger should still be focused on the clubs rather than any rush to defend them for their part in it based on club loyalty.

We might be less accountable than those that came up with it but we are not heroes in this. City made a huge mistake.

Fess up City.
Fuck me you`re impatient !!

As an aside, isn't it funny how everything the has been detrimental to football over the last 40 years (all funds from the home games go to the home team/ban from Europe/PL/G14/this current shitshow) has had Liverpool front and centre every single fucking time.
Dont forget ‘Project Big Picture’, them and the Glazers mounting what was effectively a hostile takeover of the Premier League, with their stooge Rick Parry put in place at the EFL to try and buy support from the 72 clubs

There is no legitimate reason that would excuse the club from betraying the fans, the fact so many are concocting fairytales as a way of trying to offer City an excuse shows there isn't one.

I understand the deep rooted desire to defend the club, to want to believe they care about us, of course I do, I want that too but the decision to sign up to that showed they are no different from the rest, they couldn't give a shit and anybody dreaming up elaborate spy novel stories of masterplans to bring down rival teams needs to just step back for a second think about what they're actually saying and realise how utterly ridiculous it really is.

City sold us out just like the others. In a way City and Chelsea owners fucked the fans over the most because there wasn't even a desperation to do so like there was for other clubs

That last paragraph is some bizarre mental gymnastics, how the fuck have we been fucked over more? Very few fans from any of the six involved have been calling for a super league. Let’s see what’s said and implied from the club and then as a fan base take stock. As it’s stands for me I am just relieved no good can come from boiling your own piss over this.

Why did Man Utd and Liverpool invite us into their super league?

One way that they could have garnered support from their own fanbase and maybe even other clubs too is by saying OK UEFA you had your chance. You failed to legislate against the Manchester City's and PSGs so if you don't do it, we will. We are setting up our own league which will be based on sustainability. These are its founding clubs, and they do not include PSG and Manchester City.

I don't know what City did and why. It would not surprise me at all if there has been some level of cooperation between UEFA and Manchester City in seeing off a common enemy. If you look at the outcome, Manchester Utd, and Liverpool's hold on the game, and even their own clubs has been weakened considerably. UEFA are now free for a while from the threat of the cartel. It may have been an accident. It may have been a design. For me City going in at the very last moment, and then being the first to exit suggests subterfuge. We may have emboldened them to expose them only to shoot them down.

Are corporate plots like these real, or just in our imagination? One thing is sure. We are dealing here with some serious individuals and the alternative is that City behaved like bungling idiots.
The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. I have witnessed a few corporate plots over the years. They are mainly driven by self-interest and panic.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if they had chosen another club instead of City? Would the ESL still be a thing? Assuming that Chelsea pulled out because City did.
No because it would still be built on shifting sand and based on pure bollocks.
It was supposed to start next season but they didn't have a broadcast partner. It was doomed from the start. The only thing it generated was a lot of wet knickers and several thousand vented spleens.

If this thread proves anything, it’s that fan ownership of our club would be a disaster. There appears to be a large body of blues who believe that they are smarter than our owners and their advisors. Notwithstanding the virtue signalling, the moralistic preening, the rush to victim status, the refusal to acknowledge they can be wrong and their indecent haste to condemn the best owners a club can have, they expect us to believe that they knew, but our owners were oblivious that;

• There would be a huge outcry.
  • That we were getting into bed with thoroughly treacherous people notwithstanding that those very people were explicitly condemned by Khaldoon as carrying out an orchestrated campaign against the club and having an unsustainable business model
  • That the terms of the ESL were preferential to, and, indeed amounted to a financial lifebelt, to the very people who sought to destroy us
  • That they could not be trusted not to eject us as soon as the competition was up and running thereby achieving their aim of destroying us completely
  • That we were the king-makers in all this. That whichever way we jumped doomed the other side to extinction.
Yup, all that passed our owners by and they made a colossal “misjudgement” which requires them to apologise and us to “forgive” them.

The fact that the real enemies of football have been exposed in all their naked shame, the fact that so many of their representatives on influential football bodies have bitten the dust, the fact that a threat which has been hanging over football for 30 years has been thoroughly trashed, banished and consigned to history, the fact that we now have some real clout at UEFA is all coincidental.

If only we'd just said "no"
Good post

That €3 billion payment on joining the ESL was for amongst other things infrastructure improvements.

The redshirts' stadia look pretty decrepit. Ditto the Spanish Spanish Fascists and the Catalan nationalists. Chelsea ain't pretty. Clearly all grounds that need substantial investment.

Our ground is decent with potential for expansion our training facilities must be some of the best in the world.

I think all of the following have new stadia:

Arse, spurs, Juventus, Atletico, inter/ac.

But oddly enough EVERY single club apart from City are up to their eyeballs in debt. Including Chelsea who have interest free loans from Abramovich which can be called in at any time. Funny how absolutely noone questions how Abramovich became so astronomically wealthy in such a short time!

FFP though is concerned not with clubs teetering on the brink mortgaged to the hilt - but with investors putting money into their business to make it more successful. Very bizarre.

Maybe the scales will have fallen from some people's eyes maybe not. But even the slimmest scum reader would surely be thinking little poo and Stretford owned by yanks had their power grab a few months ago to all but put their cowboy boots on the windpipe of the PL and these same articles were about to give a massive FU to the whole of football to set up Greed league 2!

Dare say client journalists have been mobilised for damage control. Don't know how we as a club have come out of this? On the one hand joining such a pig trough league was against most fans wishes.

Be withdrawing first we got a real tongue sandwich from Ceferin. I think there are games being played within games. The yanks have taken a kicking but this ain't over.

We may be making friends with uefa which is sensible even if it sticks in the craw. There are enemies all around us but some have taken a kicking and will have less influence than before. Let's be careful out there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.