The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The Ceferin quotes from this morning certainly don’t indicate that one club (us) joined with the express intention to bring it all down.

My feeling is that we certainly weren’t a core member of the group driving it but, despite reservations, when push came to shove we signed up. It was on shaky ground even when announced due to the absence of three of the proposed fifteen founder members so you can say it was stillborn.

But then why even make a call at all? The fact that one happened in itself pretty much lines up that theory.

There was definitely a bit of side flirting with uefa during this gangbang.

What do you expect him to put in his email?

“Dear fan,

We never wanted to join the SL, but saw an opportunity to fuck over the rags, dippers and Spanish clubs and bring the whole thing down”?

Of course he’s going to apologise to the fans, to save face both with our supporters, and the clubs he’s just had over.

The pertinent words in his email were “we make decisions in the best interests of the club” and about it giving us a “voice”.

You’re taking those quotes out of context.

How about “the Board deeply regrets taking a decision [being part of such an initiative] that lost sight of the historic values of the club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise”.

We can agree to disagree but for me we made the best of a very bad situation but apologies were rightly made due to their actions. This wasn’t a devious master plan as some are hoping. Time will tell if I’m wrong and if so, brilliant.

Thinking otherwise now is extremely optimistic and against all current public information including messages from our own club. Not implausible, but certainly tin foil time.

You know, fuck this shit.

If so many in the media and other owners and fans have been spinning yarns of rancid bullshit about all the club has done in the past to ruin the game, and cheat, and basically be the Hannibal Lecter of the sport since the takeover, I say it doesn't really matter whether we were really in and committed to the Scuppered League or not.

Just tell everyone it was a grand plan to take down the ESL from the inside all along and amend the badge to include "Saviours of Football" in Latin.

That's OUR narrative, motherfuckers.
In fairness, the President of his own super league has just blamed us for collapsing it from within. So it shouldn’t be a hard sell. He even slipped that us pulling out would ruin football. (I assume he means for 10-15 clubs).

I wonder which club called Cerefin on Saturday morning?

He stated five clubs up until then;)

There was breaking news on Talk Sports website at about 4pm Sunday that 5 clubs had signed up to the ESL. So, it seems as of 4pm Sunday we were still dithering/plotting depending on ones personal view point.

There was breaking news on Talk Sports website at about 4pm Sunday that 5 clubs had signed up to the ESL. So, it seems as of 4pm Sunday we were still dithering/plotting depending on ones personal view point.
that will be a great episode when Netflix releases a Blackadder comeback series

Starring...

Ferrano Soriano as Blackadder
Ed Woodward as Baldrick
Florentino Perez as Melchett

Evidence mounting up that City did save Football as we know it ⚽
He sounds like a member of a political party who has lost an election after producing a rubbish manifesto saying our manifesto is brilliant we just didn't explain it properly,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.