The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Yes, we already know that. I'll bold the part of my comment you seemingly couldn't be bothered to read.

"Italian clubs can now be counted out of any CL replacement super league."

It still changes things massively. A full time super league is a much more difficult sell than the thing that just got slapped down. You're stripping away everything from the fans then. No local games. No 100+ year old rivalries. A lot fewer home games.
I read all your comment. Perhaps you should have phrased it better as I put what you should have. The ESL was always a replacement for the CL but now they know it's ESL or nothing. You implied that they would never get involved in a super league. I think we agree that if the money was right they would.

Edit: Particularly the Italian clubs, as Swiss Ramble points out.

Laughable.

All that shit about teams like City/PSG with wealthy owners with money to invest in their Clubs being really bad for the game.

FIFA/UEFA even went as far as making FFP rules to stop owners investing in their teams. And enforcing them to the letter.

And here we are now, with a debt crisis at all these wonderfully run role model Clubs.

Seems owners saddling their Clubs with Billions in debt was not a good business model after all.

No doubt the shysters that run the game will invent rules and make them retrospective to protect the Cartel Clubs.

I read all your comment. Perhaps you should have phrased it better as I put what you should have. The ESL was always a replacement for the CL but now they know it's ESL or nothing. You implied that they would never get involved in a super league. I think we agree that if the money was right they would.

You inferred that from my comment, but I never implied it. I was pretty clear with the specification of "A Champions League replacement Super League".

You can keep arguing they'll join a full time super league but it's orders of magnitudes harder to pull off, and frankly the people who botched this Super League don't have the wherewithal to execute it.

1. define "top clubs"

2. why are you desperate for a worldwide ratings and commercial success? what's in it for you?

3. so, in your estimation, the greedy privilege clubs will be more than happy to funnel 10's of billions to the leagues not generating this wealth? but isn't "other teams making money off our success" what the super clubs are fighting against now to set up the league?

4. has Brexit taught you nothing about what is promised, and what is delivered? seriously?

5. define what you feel is "progress"
1. The first thing the clubs got wrong is that entry into the proposed new league should be on merit (ie qualification via league position). These teams would be what I would define as Europe’s top clubs.

2. The current format for elite football in Europe is becoming stale and boring, and requires a radical revamp. Nothing in it for me directly apart from being excited by the prospect of top quality high ntensity games with the sense of achievement that the club coming out on top would get.

3. Another missed opportunity by the clubs is the failure to explain the additional revenue that would be generated and to come up with a fair way to ensure that a percentage of this revenue would be distributed throughout the pyramid.

4. Don’t get me started on Brexit.

5. I remember all the dummy spitting that went on when the Premier League was proposed, very similar predictions of doom. Turned out to be a roaring success so it isn’t always the case that change is bad even though reluctance to change is usually very strong in the football world. A European Super League with relegation/promotion and the opportunity for clubs to take part based on merit is a proposition that is so strong that it will happen one day imo.

Last edited:
the comments from Perez, that the ESL will be improving the quality of the football on show for the public is a load of old bollocks

a fair few % of games i have seen in the chumps lge have been boring as fook shit. only a very few have lived up to the occasions, and those were in the later stages where it was do or die.

nothing will change once the ESL got underway. can anyone remember a classic quality game between any of the premier league "super 6" in the recent past? and if they were it was because City were involved.

there will be boring as fuck earlier games where everyone jockeys for position, then a little more interest at the qualifying as teams face missing out on the 'play-offs' (fucking painful just typing that). only do games get interesting in the final few meets to determine the winner. and even then, they will all get roughly the same cash, they will all be seeing each other next season, they will all be raking in cash that belongs to other football clubs!!!!! still no excitement.

same shit as the current shit, just more money for the 'privilege' teams. i see the same % of classic games right now as i will do in a super duper league.

anyone who thinks this is in any way good for the sport, good for the fans, good for the club or good for the leagues is a moron!

stop looking at the fancy flashing lights, and take notice of the guy taking your wallet out of your back pocket.
I personally would have voted it through if they had packaged it up as this......... ;-)

All 20 Serie A clubs just passed a law that any club who joins a tournament not sanctioned by FIGC, UEFA and FIFA is expelled from Serie A.

Italian clubs can now be counted out of any CL replacement super league.

That don’t mess about that was quick..

Wonder when the premier would do the same?

“If you don’t join the Super League, we won’t be able to sign Mbappe” is an audacious way of persuading people to sign up for it.

You inferred that from my comment, but I never implied it. I was pretty clear with the specification of "A Champions League replacement Super League".

You can keep arguing they'll join a full time super league but it's orders of magnitudes harder to pull off, and frankly the people who botched this Super League don't have the wherewithal to execute it.
I definitely agree with you that they botched this attempt badly. But it won't go away.

The Italian clubs are skint, the two big Spanish clubs have €2bn of debt, Spurs are in dire financial straits I suspect and the US-owned clubs want to get rid of the uncertainty and irregular financial flows that the current system brings.

They either have to bend UEFA to their will again, at a time when Ceferin has been emboldened, grown a spine and isn't taking any shit, or forego their national leagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.