The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I wonder if CITY planned this all in a machiavellian epic plan to join ESL with a plan to pull out, renounce it and kill the project leaving Barca and Madrid 'holding the baby' and high and dry with UEFA and facing possible ban........could the CITY boys be that clever? Our involement in this ESL is still a mystery to me tbh
It's crossed my mind too.

I'd put nothing past The Kal, the look in his eyes in last season's review showed he wanted blood.

I wonder if CITY planned this all in a machiavellian epic plan to join ESL with a plan to pull out, renounce it and kill the project leaving Barca and Madrid 'holding the baby' and high and dry with UEFA and facing possible ban........could the CITY boys be that clever? Our involement in this ESL is still a mystery to me tbh
I'd have been more impressed had the Machiavellian scheme led to the rags and dippers holding the baby.
At least UEFA have banned Arsenal for next season and relegated Spurs to the Europa Conference League.

they were talking yesterday on talkshite about the world cup every 2 years a fifa plan and it was mentioned they were in discussions with the super league but trying to back track any association with it, that only reason i can see city got involved in that shit show
guess more will come out over years

Thought the same ! Didnt UEFA statement on City pulling out come after only a few minutes after Citys statement ? Seemed very quick ;)

There's no evidence either way, but personally I doubt it. I think Khaldoon was protecting City's interests in the whole sorry business. The scheme was dreamt up by the faded and fading 'istree bunch to help their financial difficulties and City stood to lose out if we weren't included. All that weekend City kept open a dialogue with Ceferin and I think Khaldoon was telling him bluntly that City had no reason or experience which would lead us to trust UEFA to show the guts to deal with the offending clubs and would have no choice but to go along with ESL unless UEFA did something. When it became clear that not only UEFA but also the domestic leagues had grown a pair remarkably quickly City saw the opportunity to Leave the other English clubs dangerously vulnerable and thus destroy the scheme by withdrawing. It would not surprise me if we collaborated with Chelsea over that weekend. So I don't think Khaldoon was quite as Machiavellian as you but he certainly exploited a fast developing situation in our interests. And that, to me, seems typical of Khaldoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.