The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Agree with you about disclosing material. UEFA had no credible evidence of wrongdoing and neither do the PL. Why should we allow them to conduct a fishing expedition with our confidential business information? They have done nothing previously that suggests we should trust them. UEFA leaked like a sieve throughout their process and someone is already apparently briefing Javier Tebas on this probe (he is hardly a friend of the PL either)
There will be plenty of content in our documents that we don't want in the public domain. It doesn't make it illegal. The most damaging things in the Der Spiegel stuff was not much the financial stuff but the boasting: "We can do what we want" and the tasteless jokes about dead UEFA officials etc etc.

Some of the arrogance and stupidity displayed by those comments was unprofessional and has no doubt caused further scrutiny of our operations, although our enemies will be pushing the controlling bodies to continue their hounding of the club.

Fucking tedious with this constant shit but the consequence of our success spoiling the party for the usual suspects.

The mardarses in red will be enjoying all the negative press.

Absolutely none. We clearly treated it seriously enough to pay the top legal people to try and win the appeal.

I suspect it might have more to do with the third part ownership accusations and image right set-up, as that is another area of attack.

I think the footballing authorities are struggling to come to terms with the structure of CFG and city, how services are cross charged and how income is recognised. Basically I think they are clawing away trying to find something wrong with the model as it jeopardises a lot of the old guard and their business models. So suspect what you say here TH has elements of truth in it - they are definitely poking away at this trying to find something.

I think the the reasons we have fought for non disclosure is two fold:

1. Detailed income and contractual information gives a lot more away than the annual accounts will.

2. This may disclose parts of how the CFG are set up that give us an advantage to other clubs and we really don’t want that.

It’s still part of a concerted pressurisation by the old guard clubs from what I can see reading between the lines.

What made him target Man City? If I ever knew I’ve forgotten!
It is widely believed that he did not target us, he targeted someone else they paid up, a blackmailing hacker is not in the yellow pages, then they paid for information on us, hope they did not pay too much for that tripe.
Just as a side note Beckenbauer was getting prosecuted by the yanks at the time, just saying:)

The PL can't investigate us for FFP breaches per se as FFP isn't within their jurisdiction. They can, I think, investigate whether we've made false or misleading submissions in order to meet UEFA licensing requirements though. They (the PL) are the licensing body on UEFA's behalf.

I suspect this is a final attempt to embarrass us, by our US-owned friends but I can't see anything more substantial coming out of this.

If we've been shown not to have broken FFP rules then we're 99.9999% certain not to have broken the far less stringent PL ones.
Surely it’s time for us to retaliate given the evidence we have again the likes of Liverpool and the other members of the hateful 8/9

I think the footballing authorities are struggling to come to terms with the structure of CFG and city, how services are cross charged and how income is recognised. Basically I think they are clawing away trying to find something wrong with the model as it jeopardises a lot of the old guard and their business models. So suspect what you say here TH has elements of truth in it - they are definitely poking away at this trying to find something.

I think the the reasons we have fought for non disclosure is two fold:

1. Detailed income and contractual information gives a lot more away than the annual accounts will.

2. This may disclose parts of how the CFG are set up that give us an advantage to other clubs and we really don’t want that.

It’s still part of a concerted pressurisation by the old guard clubs from what I can see reading between the lines.

3 / they can come up with away of making our lives a lot harder if like of Gill Tebas stick there snorts into all our documentation..

Last edited:
Stuart Brennan and an excellent article (unless the usual experts find faults I can't see) ago:

That’s as good as explanation as I’ve seen.

After all this the PL are going to have to charge us with something for fear of looking ridiculous and the more time passes the more of it gets time barred. This is why City are fighting so hard over trivia I think.

I doubt they have anything major to hit us with but, if they have, there is no recourse to CAS unless the PL agree, only the High Court which I imagine will be expensive and neither side wants.

Result…yet another fine.

Just my guess.

@projectriver

@Chris in London

I think we learned from 'taking a pinch' that the various authorities can't be trusted, so believe we will use every legal challenge available regardless of cost to try and ensure the bastards back off and let us get on with running our business and winning trophies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.