The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It’s the other clubs that putting the pressure on to pursue it like it said in the article!
It’s an achievement in itself to get an unbiased article on City in the Daily fail - & if it had been aggressively pro City, it wouldn’t have got in. But the PL aren’t just pursuing this case because the other 19 clubs want to shaft City. They have to have some sort of case. I just wondered how weak/strong their actual evidence is

Damned if I can see how that was your takeaway there.

sounds as if I did miss the point. It just seems to suggest the fight will go on for years, which I took to mean there IS something serious to fight despite the CAS result. Guess I just want the litigation to end

The impression I wanted to present whilst getting through the editorial process is that the allegations are serious, such that its hard to imagine how the PL could prosecute them. That process is made even harder because City have clean accounts and a CAS verdict with important findings. But the PL is in a tricky situation as the other clubs (and certain media) want blood. I don't see how the PL could hope to pursue such serious allegations so is more likely they will try and find something rather than just dropping it...but we are all guessing.
Thanks for that - get your point now. Maybe their only real option is to find some small issue they can fine us for rather than try to produce something so serious it would be challenged by us as needing court jurisdiction. But the other 19 clubs are fighting such an outcome!?

Just read your article and it’s clear that Harris has used his piece to continue to insinuate that there may still be a huge outcome. Your article seems quite clear and as we all know what CAS made of the previous claim then it‘s hard to see what further evidence could be drawn by the PL, especially as their rules came in much later and to a lesser degree.

The question I asked myself on the 2 articles was, if you had given a factual and experienced view, why was another article by Harris needed? His seemed to be a puff piece, manipulating your thoughts to support his views.

My view was that the PL wanted to keep this hush-hush as they wanted to drop the case quietly if the CAS case went in our favour. I bet they’re fuming now and looking for a way out that City won’t accept.
At the end of the day it is a newspaper. They do what they like. It is their prerogative. I think the plan was slightly different until we won some more medals and my piece in full was cut from the print.

Reactions: CC1
At the end of the day it is a newspaper. They do what they like. It is their prerogative. I think the plan was slightly different until we won some more medals and my piece in full was cut from the print.

thanks again. Great to see someone able to fight our corner & get into the biased media

Cheers, pal. Like you say, we’ll just have to wait and see. All I will say is that this isn’t one that I’ll be losing sleep over.

Oh, and good to see that you got this out in the mainstream, the fee being given to charity was a nice touch.

Reactions: CC1
As referred to in the article was there really a batch of documents that UEFA dropped their entitlement to view just before the CAS hearing?
Not heard mention of this before.
It's used by some to claim UEFA were incompetent. In fact, it not unusual and UEFA believed they had enough...

1627808857445.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.