The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Its also interesting how the German league think they're so important.

Without Prem sides it's not going to happen.

If the German would have joined , Super League would have happend.

Remember even if English Clubs refused to join , they would have stayed in the Champions League. Since all top clubs would be gone from there , Champions League would be a glorified FA Cup and the top Teams would lose so much money while the other European Teams would have gained alot of Money.

The Result would mean that the Super League Club would have buyed off Premier League Players and the Quality of the League would have been decreased essentially becoming farmers for the Super League

If the German would have joined , Super League would have happend.

Remember even if English Clubs refused to join , they would have stayed in the Champions League. Since all top clubs would be gone from there , Champions League would be a glorified FA Cup and the top Teams would lose so much money while the other European Teams would have gained alot of Money.

The Result would mean that the Super League Club would have buyed off Premier League Players and the Quality of the League would have been decreased essentially becoming farmers for the Super League
Like every team but one in the Bundesliga then.

If the Premier League did not exist, the european super league would not be necessary.

There was plenty of demand from PL sides last time that is not the issue. The issue was PSG and BM not joining which caused Chelsea to bottle it and everyone else followed.

I seem to remember we pulled out first but history was re-written.

Demand from 3 Prem sides and another 2/3/4 following which is what would be needed is a different story.

Chelsea announced they were leaving first but then City claimed to have actually left hours after. It was PR.

What was re-written was Khaldoon Al Mubarak claiming to 'own' the mistake a month or so after, when the Soriano had sent the apology email with no mention of Khaldoon shortly after the events.
https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...sea-quitting-super-league-reports-2021-04-20/

Section from Reuters report;

‘’LONDON, April 20 (Reuters) - Premier League leaders Manchester City became the first of the 12 founder clubs to withdraw from the new European Super League (ESL) on Tuesday as the project started to disintegrate.

Chelsea were earlier reported by the BBC to be preparing the paperwork to quit the controversial new competition but City made it official.’’

Not claimed or PR, or preparing paperwork, left.

Not only that but Perez, the biggest mouthpiece for the "super league" blames City for bringing it down and he should know.

Which begs the question, if German clubs are on board with the scheme, who would they replace from the original founders ? I can think of one club they'd love not to be involved.

Not only that but Perez, the biggest mouthpiece for the "super league" blames City for bringing it down and he should know.

Which begs the question, if German clubs are on board with the scheme, who would they replace from the original founders ? I can think of one club they'd love not to be involved.
Dortmund PSG and Bayern were founders all along . They just got time since Bayern and Dortmund are fan run and would have explained to the fans and PSG were scared about the FFP measurements

I already see many Liverpool fans for it
I don't like the idea of it. I love the rivalry of the Premier League. It would quickly get boring. I have heard Liverpool fans arguing for it too. "It's the only way we can police Manchester City". They live in a dreamworld where City are some ogre that is cheating the system. In reality we are playing the system that they set up. And yet it is bent because the most successful clubs get the most money and therefore like Bayern get to monopolise sporting success. I don't think City should go for the ESL because we have a lot of room to grow as it is. The ESL is risky for City. And anyway, from a fans point of view I prefer domestic league and Champions League.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/s...sea-quitting-super-league-reports-2021-04-20/

Section from Reuters report;

‘’LONDON, April 20 (Reuters) - Premier League leaders Manchester City became the first of the 12 founder clubs to withdraw from the new European Super League (ESL) on Tuesday as the project started to disintegrate.

Chelsea were earlier reported by the BBC to be preparing the paperwork to quit the controversial new competition but City made it official.’’

Not claimed or PR, or preparing paperwork, left.
Announced 20 mins after Chelsea. Fantastic leadership, followed my leader in and out.

Announced 20 mins after Chelsea. Fantastic leadership, followed my leader in and out.

I'm not terribly bothered whether City were before or after Chelsea.

It seemed pretty clear that they were both only invited once the idea was formed, and I assume were talking to each other and agreed to both pull out at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.