The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Domestically (to some extent) and the Champions League it could do with revamping but not to this extreme. As I said earlier I will give it a couple of season before giving up totally on Football.

Last edited:
I am praying that the reports are wrong and City aren't involved. I just can't get my head around why we would sell out like this. We know what these same clubs did to try and stop us and are now willing to join them and do the same to other clubs. If we are involved we are no better than the rest of them. At least Bayern and PSG can hold there head high which to me means if we wanted to we could have but have chosen not to. I'm so disappointed.

It does but it has always been that way hasn’t it.

99% of the worldwide fan base of these clubs support them because they win more than they don’t.

Short term it will great but give it a decade and a half and they will be crawling back to the domestic leagues.
I don't think so -- not if the owners are guaranteed a high ROI on resale of their clubs in a fixed league which shares broadcast revenue with salary caps. American pro sports leagues are the model for the ultimate goal here.

Folks, the only way football isn't headed in this direction is if fans vote with their eyes and feet. Even then, new fans may embrace a breakaway league (which is what I'm going to call this, because a CL replacement is only a stepping stone to what I think is the obvious end goal).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.