The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
This can’t be good for the players. What the fuck must they be thinking tonight? Doubt they’d be kept in the loop on these high level things. They’d know no more than us.

that should be the end of that

I doubt this will work. Imagine the PL genuinely expelling their cash cows. There will be a lot of posturing but the league will cave in eventually once the idea of actually losing the income from the big six becomes realistic.

Banning players from the Euros and the World Cup though... that could be an interesting dilemma.

I'm surprised so many on here think the 55:100 limit on wage/transfer spending:turnover is primarily designed to hurt City. It's about making football more like US sports, which have a wage cap, and ultimately protecting owners' profits!
Thats what it look like to me too. I wonder if we’ll also see owners locking out players if they don’t make enough money and want to drive salaries down.

I bet they still go ahead with the announcement. They will try and argue the leagues and national competitions would be damaged by not having the top teams/players in it. Then it would be a case of who blinks first. Could get nasty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.