The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I think I’m most disappointed in the fact we are being led into this by those who have actively seeked to destroy us over the last decade.
There was always an inevitability about a SL happening and when it did, us being a part of it was a no brainer from an owners POV.
I just can’t accept it under these circumstances though and our club statement last night made me feel ill.
It was a generic pile of shite which isn’t something I associate with our owners, I always believed they had a bit more about them and understood what the majority of supporters felt.
Quoting the likes of Joel fucking Glazer as if he’s our pal and not offering up any explanations to the fanbase has left a proper bitter taste in my mouth.
I can’t say I’m done with the club, I’m too invested at this point in my life and there’s still an awful lot about this club that makes me proud - Foden being the latest.
But I am extremely sad that reality has come to show that we aren’t as special as I once thought and our willingness to support an idea cooked up by our biggest detractors is a huge blow.
We no longer have any moral leverage, we can no longer accuse the American owners of being the leeches that they are. We have become all we have despised over the years and that’s the hardest thing for me to wrap my head around.
Very well put

We can forget any idea that the interests of football have played any part in the creation of this project. As David Bernstein said this morning football is controlled by people who know a lot about money but who have no understanding of football at all. I cannot imagine, however, what has persuaded City to get into bed with precisely those sharks who did their damnedest only last summer to try and stiff the club forever. And all this to create a kind of American style non tournament which will mirror the NFL absolutely. But, of course, it will ensure that those "elite" clubs will be protected from their chronic overspending, despite Khaldoon's assertion that City would not pay for their bad investment decisions. The PL, FA cup etc etc will be tournaments our "Big Six" can safely ignore to chase the big bucks of the SL which in itself will involve relatively few clubs all season. No wonder Barca were one of the first clubs to come out in favour in public. For the rest of us this is a criminally high price to pay just to keep Messi at Barcelona.

As soon as Americans got involved in our game the writing was on the fucking wall.

Wonder what Guardiola’s thoughts on this are ? Maybe we could be managerless within days

Maybe he knew already during negotiations for his extended contract & was ok about it .
He has recently said to the media that all football authorities were flogging the players to death during this pandemic .

Obviously you're at liberty to vote with your feet by not renewing your Sky Subscrition and Season Ticket. The only thing that could possibly stop this would be a mass, organised fan movement/boycott.
I’m not sure the any of the clubs will care about fan movements and boycotts.

The pandemic has shown how clubs don’t need fans, neither do the games on tele as they just computer generate atmosphere, and the money involved in this is massive and would make up for any shortfall in attendance money.

Do you genuinely believe this?

City are one of the biggest fucking juggernauts at this table, Khaldoon has more in his back pocket then the rest of the clubs combined. He has far more important things to be doing that sat on some "vice-chairman board".

We dictate the rules (along with the other clubs) just how it should be, UEFA orchestrated for years to fuck us over with Bayern at the head of it, the other clubs had no choice but to go along with voting for FFP etc even when they didn't want it. Now we have turned the tables.

Fuck UEFA and FIFA and everything they pretend to stand for, it has been coming for a long time and I am glad City are the forefront of putting these "football federations" into the ground, you keep poking the bear and asking him for 20m FFP fines and this is what happens, we didn't go away the first time you tried it and now we have gone and chopped both your arms off. I expect UEFA and FIFA now to be scrambling their little rats in the media to portray what a bad day this is but it is not.

Funny how quickly they mobilised the media for a response to this but they continue to throw a blanket over racism like it doesn't exist. That is the real scandal here.
We are not vice chairman even , look who is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.