The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
But China has money -- look what they've paid some players. Or, rather -- they HAD money. The sport/clubs/stadiums are well devloped in other parts of the world and those parts have growith demographics vs Europe. So it may not be a threat today it COULD be -- less likely with American sports.

Anyway you can't have a wage cap without a wage floor (which an organized players union demands in the US) and it's hard to have a cap or a floor with a pyramid structure.
All I'm saying is, if enough of the richest clubs get together - which is what this league would entail - and agree among themselves to not pay more than X% of their income on wages, that will inevitably have a limiting effect on wages overall. Especially for as long as that group of clubs are rich enough in global terms to dominate the market. The need for a wage floor doesn't come into it. And if they feel that China or wherever is muscling in, the European clubs can up the limit to say 60%, or assuming they still dominate world football in terms of fan interest, can hold out for a bigger TV deal.

These teams are gonna have to have huge squads of players and the quality in games will suffer as we seen on sat

No they won’t as they’ll be banned from every othe competition. So you’ll play 18 games a season plus play offs.

City are in a tricky situation here. Screwed by uefa and now potentially screwed by the super league twats.

It would be huge news if city came out and supported uefa considering they tried to destroy the club.

Fuck uefa or save them?
It wasn’t all UEFA it was the super league clubs representation within UEFA.

We would be jumping in with the clubs that started the FFP mess.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Notice we have zero representation on the new board.

I‘m with UEFA (for now as it’s early days and more to come out!)

Fuck off!
200w.gif

Quite simple, UEFA have done everything in their power to try and stop us for years, dragged us through the courts and publically embarassed us. Now they are about to lose all of their big earners and UEFA will fold.

For those championing PSG, they are keeping Fifa on side till after 2022 then they will be signing up.
and Bayern whos also against this?

This is really going to happen. There to much money for it not to their saying being apart of the super league you get 400 million just for participating wtf.

There's definitely another shoe to drop here. UEFA and the various leagues got strong statements out very, very quick so they must have known this was coming. Also I'd be shocked if the clubs backing the Super League thought that would go through. I don't know, seems like there's more to come.

Either way I'm devastated if City did indeed support this. I hope I'm wrong but it really looks like we did and I just can't get behind that.

Its just like the NFL, no promotion or relegation, same teams, no chance of smaller clubs attaining their dream. It's a kick in the teeth to every football fan
You can join the “club” in North America if the league decides to create another franchise and you have Billion dollars burning a hole in your pocket. As I said earlier, for the owners, it’s all about the money.

Atleast 3 PL clubs will be in 1 group and playing each other, who is super-excited about that ? Add to that no German/French teams.
So how is it going to generate more revenues than the CL ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.