The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Supporters clubs all getting together now to fight this. Good on you lads and lasses!

Utterly sunk by this. Can't really think straight and i've just been achingly sad since last night. It probably doesn't help now that I'm also possibly out of a job given my youtube channel was a full time endeavour. Emotionally and professionally devastated tbh.
Probably more interest in city now blue. The videos are fantastic. Hopefully you can get through this period and prosper both emotionally and financially.

I
So to make this clear; you are perfectly happy with a Champions League that has been putting into place an unofficial top four for years, perfectly happy with having a billionaire owner artificially inflate the club competitively through investment, perfectly happy with that owner being of extremely questionable moral character and being the Deputy Prime Minister in a state whose laws are from the 15th century in many social areas, and perfectly happy with us essentially bending the UEFA rules on investment to every possible degree?

All of that you'd continue on. But moving to a different European competition, now THAT'S your line? Not the fact that we had a Gulf state put a billion pounds into us to ensure our "competitiveness"? That didn't hurt the domestic league?

You're overreacting and I think that eventually you and many others will come to your senses on this whole thing. You might not like it but you'll get over it enough to continue.
I would just add that very few were concerned when a man of very serious moral character from Thailand bought the club and made us a bit more competitive. Your fully right the over reaction among the football community is unreal. A hysterical herd mentality is being generated which is totally ignoring a number of realities that have been emerging for over a generation now. I'm not altogether certain these new proposals are wise but to present them as some are doing as personal existential life altering moments is crazy.

Bayern officially refuses to join the Super League. Wish City had half the balls or integrity.
Regarding the plans to introduce a European Super League, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, CEO of FC Bayern, says: "FC Bayern did not participate in the plans for a Super League. We are convinced that the current statics in football guarantee a serious basis. FC Bayern welcomes the reforms of the Champions League because we believe that they are the right step for the development of European football. The modified preliminary round will contribute to more tension and emotionality in the competition."
'I don't think the Super League will solve the financial problems of The European clubs that corona created. Instead, all clubs in Europe should work in solidarity to ensure that the cost structure, in particular player salaries and fees for consultants, is adjusted to revenue in order to make the whole of European football more rational."

Something we should have done, at least until the end of the season
Yes I nearly added that. There is a long way to go in this imo. It’s clever businessmen meets old worlde football chaps....only ever going to be one winner. The old democracy is no more....FA should have introduced T&C’s to minimise American ownership or indeed any ownership capable of forming a cartel. Full of old farts though, who don’t understand business...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.