The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Too soon in PR terms . . . not in practical terms. Post-COVID, the Spanish clubs the and clubs in general are hurting. The J.P. Morgan loan(s) is (are) on offer at what I assume are attractive rates (with rates likely to go higher -- maybe much -- if economies recover post-COVID). I am curious as to the collateral (secured line of credit? I assume unsecured -- or do the stronger clubs guarantee the weaker clubs' debt?). Messi's on his last legs. RM needs a revamp. Spurs and Arsenal look to be miles behind regular way CL qualification. The American owners want the mostly closed shop idea because its the locked-in model here that creates unassailable product monopolies. So we start with this half-step -- semi-closed, five open slots -- that will inevitably morph into a fully-closed, full season league like in the US. Because that's what makes the owners the richest. Guaranteed revenue. No relegation. No competition. On the weekends. Brand name matches. There will I'm sure be a harsher salary cap eventually too.

Yes everything we hate this side of the pond. Fine for you guys where you are mainly talking about one country. You are taking on 52 here.

I mean there are countless leagues in Europe. All of the winners there can't qualify for the CL, can they? I think the coefficient system works well in most points, the fact is Celtic/Rangers or any other Scottish team havn't done much of note compared to the other leagues and hence have to go through qualifying rounds unlike the Champions of Ukraine.

On the other point of 8th getting into the CL from 2024, agreed that is messed up. Hopefully somehow that idea gets shot down as well.
Of course they can’t.

But it should still be made up of a majority of Champions. Top 16 nations should see their Champions automatically qualify. Then other 16 should be filled with 12 runners up from top 12 countries. And 4 spots from smaller leagues through a qualifying route.

5 teams from the one country in a competition that was designed for champions is an insult to all of these other clubs missing out.

Not going to happen but neither is the ESL so be the first to pull the plug. We owe Man Utd and Liverpool nothing.

Actually incorrect , but unfortunately what we do owe them we can only deliver on the pitch.

They are two of the biggest problems affecting the integrity of the PL

So are we getting kicked out of the Prem? If so.. what's the point in playing on Wed?
No, there’s not a snowballs chance in hell we’re kicked out of the Premier League. Think about what happens to the Premier League if they did that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.