The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
how would we all feel if the club did pull out? is that enough? have they redeemed themselves or is a big big apology and explanation needed too?

Uh, I'm pretty sure the issue was that he brushed it off as certain victory many months before UEFA dropped the gauntlet on us.
He might have done that as well, but on the day of the verdict he did tv-interviews saying we had lost.

Cheeseman said we had won, with it coming out later that he probably had no idea of the actual verdict

Honestly Spurs don't fucking matter, but if they want to back out than bravo to them.

If PSG and Bayern truly aren't in it, then City & Chelsea could end this.

Struggling to word this and I've had a few so forgive me if anything I say comes across the wrong way. But the 8 "biggest" clubs in the world, in terms of pulling power and financial might right now, are probably:

City
Real
Barca
Bayern
PSG
Chelsea
United
Liverpool

In no particular order. There's a drop off after that to the Tottenham's and Juve's and Atletico's. I don't mean any disrespect to those clubs mind ((well actually right now I do fuck them all with a rusty rake) just that they're probably in that second tier.

If PSG and Bayern truly aren't in it (and I have my doubts about that, even if they are at the moment I'm sure they would be as soon as the dust settle), and City and Chelsea pull out, there's a shot this stupid fucking Super League might not have enough pull to work. Half of the 8 above would no longer be in it. What's left would be a fading Barca a debt laden Real/United/Liverpool, and a bunch of has beens in Arsenal in the Italian Clubs. Not to mention the other clubs in the second tier are pissed and a bunch have already condemned the idea (such as Ajax or Porto, Benfica, etc.) so it's not like they're likely to backfill them.

Do the right thing here City. Come on.

I think only US/NATO and Russia nuking the Dog shit out of each other will over shadow this for me right now.

Looks a better bet than us reaching our first Champions League Final right now :-)

What a fucking year.

One thing that I’m finding slightly confusing is all these quotes from that knobhead Perez and there’s absolutely nothing on Sky about this?
The biggest story in the history of football and there’s nothing about it?

how would we all feel if the club did pull out? is that enough? have they redeemed themselves or is a big big apology and explanation needed too?
They almost certainly wouldn't pull out without some kind of explanation as it'd be an opportunity for a big PR job.

I suspect some fans will feel like a trust has been broken, but I also suspect most would be delighted to see City back off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.