The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I'd almost be more annoyed if they did a U turn.

The one thing I expect is that Khaldoon, Soriano and co. Wouldn't make this decision lightly. They'd do their research, know how unpopular it was, try to avoid it if possible, but ultimately come to the conclusion its for happening and in the best interests of the club to be on the inside of the breakaway and pull the trigger.

For them to back out 2 days later and say "whoopsie daisy! Maybe we didn't think this through" Would make me question their ability to run the club long term.

People make mistakes all the time including big businesses, no one is exempt from that. Just because our management haven't dropped a whopper before doesn't exclude them.

I hope they do bail and come out and say why. It would command a lot more respect from me knowing that they accepted they made a mistake and wanted to put it right.

Why?
You do know this is the same man currently bankrolling a league 2 up the pyramid? Had no issue accepting millions from the glazers, building businesses off the back of the rags name and has a job at Sky purely because of his past.
Why do you have a problem with him bankrolling Salford up the leagues? This is exactly what we are trying to defend right now, that clubs can still work their way up. Do you have a problem with us having been bankrolled for thirteen years?

Bankrolling Salford is absolutely compatible with everything he has said. If he makes the right decisions, hires the right manager, who buys the right players and they play well enough, Salford should have a chance of one day playing top European football, just like West Ham should be next season if they finish in the top four.

So you would rather people that can have a voice and stop this happening to shut up and be silent ?
No, i am just saying there is a lot of hypocrisy. And if people had acted when the things i stated happened it would never have come to this.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer..........

In my humble opinion, I really don't think City had much of a choice.

If City had turned their back on this new league, what would fans be feeling seeing the other "Big 5" plus the Spanish and Italian dinosaurs playing each other week in week out?
What if we win the Champions League when those teams are not in it? We would be told by other fans that we only won it because the "Big teams" are not in it.

We may not like the idea but peer pressure ensured we had to follow the others.

As bad as the new super league is the UEFA CL shitshow called Champions League is not much better if at all. A bent competition run by an organization who tried to completely destroy our club less than a year ago. Who now, logically, promotes Javier Tebas to a gremium in the organization. And off course restructures the CL to ensure even more that there will always be a set of clubs who are more than everybody else. Hypocritical and sanctimonious cunts, them and their supporters.
I agree with everything you have said, but even after all that I would rather we were in the Champs league than this made up league which will not mean anything.

The one thing I expect is that Khaldoon, Soriano and co. Wouldn't make this decision lightly. They'd do their research, know how unpopular it was (everyone should have known this after the reaction to project restart), try to avoid it if possible, but ultimately come to the conclusion its happening and in the best interests of the club to be on the inside of the breakaway and pull the trigger.

For them to back out 2 days later and say "whoopsie daisy! Maybe we didn't think this through" Would make me question their ability to run the club long term.
Maybe this was dropped on them at such short notice (which wouldn’t surprise me knowing what we know about these other clubs and how they view City) that it was literally you sign up now or we go ahead without you. Maybe in the back ground now we are doing our due dilligence and getting a true picture of what this means and where it’s going.
Maybe more hope from me than anything though.

The media are working themselves into a frenzy. Propaganda wars for the future of football. Sky/talk shite are corrupt to the core. This is the same crap we faced with FFP. Mass hysteria drummed up by a corrupt broadcaster.

The one thing I expect is that Khaldoon, Soriano and co. Wouldn't make this decision lightly. They'd do their research, know how unpopular it was, try to avoid it if possible, but ultimately come to the conclusion its for happening and in the best interests of the club to be on the inside of the breakaway and pull the trigger.

People can make mistakes. Especially under huge pressure. Not one of us is perfect. Would you rather we stayed in and didn't bat an eye lid? Or prefer to choose to hold our hands up and admit we got it wrong and will try to do better for the sake of everyone else ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.